2.1

Harry looks at his phone for the millionth time, it's Anne's birthday today. He should call her but he can't. Maybe he won't be able to do it. This year too and it will be the same as the last eight years. Every time he thinks about contacting his family it saddens him. He decides to call them. But that's just it. That's the last step for him. He is not ashamed of himself but he is sure they will be. This was not the plan. He should have been better off but mostly he doesn't want to disappoint them.

He looks at Niall, he has the same expression on his face he knows. The look of disappointment. It always haunts him and mostly keeps him awake at night picturing the same look on Gemma's face. He knows it's there. There is no other reason for her to ignore Harry for all these years. The one person he found the courage to contact to. The one person who maybe doesn't want him anymore in her life.

It's the fear mostly, what if Anne ignores him too just like his sister then he would truly lose everything. Anne is really his last hope.

Harry dismisses the thought and starts dressing himself. He was lucky enough that he didn't have to work last night which gave him enough time to wallow in his misery. It's one of the rare occasions for him to wake up in his own bed. He doesn't get to do that often.

So he listens to Niall rummage through the containers in the kitchen trying to cook something. He knows Niall will end up getting a sandwich because he can't even boil water. That's Harry's job cooking and that's what Niall calls him that he is the house husband.

"Here is your special sandwich," Niall hands him his plate. The special sandwich is just two buns and vegetables which Harry himself made last night. And for some reason, this took Niall a whole hour to prepare not that Harry is gonna complain because he learnt it the hard way you don't complain whatever your work-wife makes you a long time ago.

He winces a little while picking up the sandwich. His wrists hurt still. "Looks like somebody had fun didn't they?" Harry looks up to see Niall smirking at him. Harry is not the type to get shy. Actually, it's kind of in his job description. So he's learned how to answer.

"Yeah, It was quite good actually," He shrugs like it's not a big deal. Like it wasn't one of the best fuck of his life where he didn't have to pretend he was liking it. He loved it and he was definitely not going to talk about how he felt something strange in his chest when he took care of him after, covering the wound. He has already done that enough for the last week.

"Based on how you were walking when you returned I would say it was better than quite good," Niall sing-songs as he moves towards his dresser getting ready for his work. Harry shrugs again because he doesn't think there is a word invented yet for what he felt.

In fact, he is pretty sure there is not a word to describe the man himself, with a face like that he should be illegal. That was Harry's first thought when he saw him at the bar for the first time. Harry thought he would never see him again that's why he did what he did that day. But they met again and now Harry really needs to stop before he starts crushing on his client because it goes against the rules in his life.

He gets a call from Jennifer right after Niall leaves and he groans thinking about how his plan to just stay in and be lazy is ruined. Jennifer always does that somehow Harry thinks she knows whenever he has some plans that exact time she calls him. It's not funny anymore. Sometimes he does think that she has some secret spy cam installed in his apartment. It has to be that.

He knows there will be another job. It's not like he hates his job it's just that he gets pouty in times like these. But he knows the money is good. His clothes are Gucci and has a comfortable bed. He could live in a penthouse if he wants to, so to sum it up it's not the worst job in the world even if he has to pretend most of the time during sex. Even if he has to compliment those old fellows, boosting their egos while in bed. It's a little price to pay.