Introduction

First of all... I really really really wanted to write and read this story so badly and for so long but there was not a perfect outline in my head.

Despite of been preparing for graduation, and campus placement I would write as post as much as I can.

Talking about the story. It's set in the Republic of China era... the 1900s to 1933+++ it will not be historically accurate. My knowledge of this era comes from various dramas and daydreaming.

Especially 'The Mystic Nine. Do you like to watch it or not it's up to you? You should watch it... If you are a fan of grave robbers drama like Reunion: The sound of Providence. Ultimate note.

The mystic nine is a prequel to both dramas. It's nice but... Too stretched like 17 episodes to get the main character who was not doing his family business sake of his ill wife. There was a hint of bromance and turned into hetero-romance. If there was no homophobia exists. The mystic nine would surely be BL. Even the original novel was kind of BL but... I read the translation version it was like a drama-written version.

So... This story is divided into two parts. Light a flame...which is happening after  1933. And Kill the lights... Which is happening before 1933... From 1924 to 1927? That's my assumed timeline. Maybe... I can go with double timelines at the same time.

Wang Yibo

There was this gif

There was this gif... Young-looking soldier Wang Yibo, fire torch in one hand backpack on the shoulder under the night sky among the soldiers turning his head and alluringly smiling at you... Haunting me... To write something. Something heartwarming. This gif inspired me so much to write this story.

Here, Wang Xianyun, Yibo born into a political family was the eighth and youngest son... In Changsha, 1902. Being the youngest he grew up to be in a spoiled but patriotic environment. He completed his education locally. Till his father's instructions, he attended the Huangpu military academy, the first division of the first army. In the academy, he shared his room with Xiao Zhan and he falls head over heels for the cold and handsome beauty who doesn't care about his little crush. Within a year, he proposes a political marriage between him, communists, to Xiao Zhan, son of the Kuomintang party leader. After the failed marriage... An enraged father sent soldiers to bring Xiao Zhan's head but ended up with stupid soldiers stabbing his son. Finally free from both sides as a kept ward son and unloved husband Yibo begins a new life with some old friends learning opera in honor of his concubine mother in his hometown. Everything was going smoothly... Until he reunited with Xiao Zhan. The new Xiao Zhan. The one who wants to love him.