What about us? (1)

Body shivering against the icy wind, Lisa brings her hands up to her face breathing hot hair to warm them against the surprisingly cold April day.

Looking up, Lisa double checked her phone to make sure she was walking in the right direction. Having only just started middle school a few days ago, she was still unfamiliar with the route.

Somehow, her parents had coerced her to send in an application for a scholarship program to a prestigious girl's school and shockingly she had been accepted. This meant that since the middle of April, Lalisa Manoban was officially a student at Chanel Girls Middle School; suffice to say she was not impressed.

The girls there were nice enough but a lot of them clearly came from rich families meaning, Lisa never felt like she could relax around them, always needing to be on her best behavior.

Wiping her phone screen with the sleeve of her uniform, Lisa scrunches her eyebrows in confusion and took a right only to walk right into another body.

"Sorry!! I'm so sorry"

Lisa exclaims whilst bowing profusely. Looking up, she notices that the girl in front of her is wearing the same uniform, clearly a sunbae from her school.

"You should look up when you're walking." The older girl chides softly.

"A-ah I'm sorry. I was just..." Lisa waves her phone frantically showing the map clearly displayed in her hand.

"The school is the next right." The older girl explains calmly.

Looking at her phone, Lisa palms her face and groans, "Uggh you're right, I don't only have a bad sense of direction; I can't even read a map now."

The other girl chuckles at the unlady-like groan, "well, you're free to walk with me if you please.. I am heading in the same direction after all."

"Oh, thank you very much sunbae" Lisa says bowing politely before they continued walking to school.

"So... You're a first year?" The girl enquired glancing towards the tall girl.

"Yes, Lalisa Manoban, class 1-C. Thank you again for helping me sunbae."

Waving her hand in dismissal the girl replied, "Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, class 2-B and like I said it's fine. I was on my way to school so it's no trouble at all."