VII

Her

I stared at his blue eyes while he stared at my green ones. I need an answer. What did he mean?

"As- as long as we- we, like each other, then we'll be together," he stuttered.

Why does it feel like he's lying?

Is it because he was staring at the ground? Or the way he was scratching the back of his neck?

"You're lying." I stated.

"What?" He looked shocked.

He started to turn red. I was afraid he'll be angry and would take it out on me. But I stood there.

What made you so brave, Lucy? You were a shadow, always hiding in darkness. But now? It seems as if he was a bright light for you're coming out.

Him

I was feeling a funny way, something I never felt before when she stared at me searching for the answers she wanted to hear.

Her green eyes bore into my head and I could feel the chill running up my spine.

"You're lying."

I looked up with from the floor and my hand stopped scratching the back of my neck.

"What?" I asked shocked and anger burning inside me.

"You're lying." She stated again, more firmly this time.

"No, no, baby. I'm not." I cooed, helplessly. Have I really just wanted to ruin her that I've lied to myself too?

No, you are. You could've just stopped breaking hearts. You could've broke another instead of hers. But, why oh why, did you just have to choose her? Who made you to become like this?