Operation Red Storm(1)

'Ukrainians, You who have Suffered under the Boots of the Hitlerites, Your fellow Slavic Brothers, Russians, Belorussians and Poles are racing towards Your Homes, For your Freedom and National Cultural Survival Resist and fight, the enemy, river by river, town by town is hurling itself out of your lands, We have come as Brother helping brother'-Vasily's letter to Ukraine, Sometime in Late 1943

Russian Lines In Vestal, December 9th 1642

As the Tanks and APCs Rolled forward, The Russian Infantry Ran behind them, wearing Their Winter Uniforms and masks that made only their eyes visible,  the Snow was knee deep, Perfect for the Russians, Across the entire front of 3600KM, Russian forces were smashing the Germans like a Boxer against a Baby, In one spot, the Bakowon Plains, which was the size of Belgium, was taken in just 2 days, Some Tank and Motorized Divisions had outrun the Infantry, Forcing Gaps that led to Germans Being attacked from all sides.

In the Far North, a German Division had been wiped out completely in Just 4 Hours, By now they had pushed 20 to 180Km along the entire front, Inflicting over 217 000 losses to Russia's 5000 losses, Causing general panic in the 4th Reich, Entire Armies were sent to reinforce Vestal, As they were being sent, the Russians continued to attack, Every River and Every Town was taken by storm.

In one Infantry Division of the most northern attack, the 117th Infantry Division Was currently taking a break from the assault in a Town they had just liberated, Most of the Town's Citizens had either been killed or were to afraid to Meet the Russians, Lieutenant Dimity Laren Sat down on a Destroyed German SS APC that looked like a 1960s SPz-11-2 Of West Germany, The APC was a Danger if you had no Tank or APC to help you, But the thin armor and weakness to Grenades meant it was east to deal with if you hide yourself. 

Lieutenant Laren had personally destroyed it and killed all the SS soldiers, Now he sat on the roof of the Turret while they Waited for new Orders, having reached their day 5 objectives. And their Tanks had to be pulled back due to lack of Ammo and Fuel, As he looked at the Snow, he made sure to keep a wary eye, in case of enemy attacks, As he heard the south and center were dealing with 24/7 Counter attacks as they pushed, leading to massive losses to the Germans, Laren Was lucky to be in the north, Where the Germans had less troops and almost no SS units, making their Job much Easier.

''Comrade Lieutenant, New Orders, We are to Hold out until the 11th'' said his Radio Operator

''Great, Comrades, We get to Sleep for once'' He Joked

As the Silence let in, His Radio operator, A 19 Year Old that was Drafted began to make small talk with Laren.

''Comrade Lieutenant, Why did you Join the Army?'' He asked

''Why did i Join? When i was 19 I Joined as it was my Duty, 7 years later here i am, why did you Joined'' Laren asked as he took out a Bag of Deer meat and began to cook it over the nearby fire. ''Or were you Drafted?''

''Comrade Lieutenant I was Drafted, After the War I will return to my studies, How about you?'' he said while getting closer to the fire

''Me? I'm Fucking retarded as shit Comrade, Failed high school because i liked Western Films too much, Had to take it back in the Army, Almost didn't pass, That's why i'm staying in the army until I'm too old or Dead'' Laren said as he laughed ''Trust Me Comrade, It Ain't that bad once you get use to it''

As they cooked the meat, The sound of Gunfire ripped the silent snowy day, The enemy was still nearby, As the day continued, Some of the people left their homes to see the Russians, who were playing songs around a campfire and were rebuilding the burned houses with what they could find, In one House they Found a German Soldier hiding from them, But he was Captured, The Night descended and Lieutenant Laren would wait another day before new orders.