Chapter 4: Suffocating

"As Jungkook and I researched how to transfer one's consciousness to another body, we met a man named Lucas Williams at a conference in America. He was a Korean American. He was very excited about our research because that was his field, and he wanted to help. We were very excited and let him join our research. The three of us began to grow very close. With his help, we made a breakthrough." Namjoon explains while Taehyung listens.

"I remember reading his name in the history book." Taehyung hums and nods his head.

"Well, it was uh it was horrible. There was a break in at the lab he was working in late one night. He was shot in the head which makes it difficult to even try to transfer the consciousness. What was even worse was that we were unable to retrieve anything because we found him too late. He had burned up in a fire set by the killer. Jungkook broke. He had lost another person that he was close to. What was even worse was that was the night Jin was attacked. Jungkook completely changed after that night. He started drinking heavily and began to ... to sleep around." Namjoon sighs towards the end with a sorrowful gaze.

"He has been through so much pain." Taehyung whispers and starts crying.

"Ciara was close to Lucas. They went to university together. She was also devastated by his death, so Jungkook brought her in to comfort her." Jin hums and looks in the direction of the office.

"Oh that makes sense." Taehyung sniffles and nods.

"However, that does not excuse her hurting you. You need to tell Jungkook." Namjoon tells Taehyung and gently hugs him.

"I don't want to add stress to him. If she hurts me again, I will tell him." Taehyung answers and snuggles closer to his friend.

"I'll beat her to a pulp if she hurts you again. She is clearly jealous." Jin huffs and crosses his arms.

"Who wouldn't want Jungkook though." Taehyung points out.

"He is definitely a catch. He is the wealthiest person and is very handsome and kind, but that does not mean that she can be a bitch and hurt you. Don't you ever forget that Jungkook has been doing all of this to find you." Jin reminds Taehyung and gently pats his head.

"I'll try to remember that." Taehyung whispers and smiles at Jin.

When Taehyung grows tired, he goes to the master bedroom and lies down. He silently looks out of the large window at the neon city glowing and flickering beneath him. Watching the glowing city from sci-fi movies slowly lulls him to sleep. As he sleeps, he feels warm lips trail along the back of his neck and hands run over his body.

"Jungkook? What are you doing?" Taehyung asks when he snaps awake.

"Hm?" Jungkook asks and slips his hands beneath Taehyung's clothes.

"Stop. Please stop." Taehyung tries to move away, but Jungkook's grip tightens around him. "Jungkook! Stop! Please! Stop!" He shouts and jumps off of the bed and stares at Jungkook with tears in his eyes.

"I am sorry. Did I hurt you?" Jungkook quickly asks and looks up at Taehyung.

"Please, don't touch me." Taehyung shudders and hugs himself.

"I am sorry. I won't touch you." Jungkook mumbles and moves to the edge of the bed to let Taehyung back on.

"I'm sorry. Being touched still scares me." The scared young man whispers as he carefully crawls back on the bed.

"Don't apologize. I should have never touched you without permission." Jungkook murmurs and gets out of the bed and leaves the room.

"I'm so sorry. Your touch scares me." Taehyung whispers and curls up on the bed and cries.