Chapter 12: The Monster By My Side

"How did you end up here?" Jungkook asks when he realizes that he does not know the story of Taehyung's escape.

"I uhm I woke up after finally being able to rest after a week of constant torture. When I woke up, the straps that tied me down to the bed were loose, so I quickly wiggled out of them. The moment my feet touched the ground, I ran for my life. As I ran through the empty building, I realized that there were no other experiments like me, so I ran for my life. When I ran out of the front doors of the building completely naked, the world that I saw terrified me. It was nothing like the world that I was stripped from. As I looked around looking for anything that resembled the world that I knew, I heard your voice. I frantically ran towards your voice and saw you. When I reached out to touch you, my hands went through you. I stumbled backwards as fear overwhelmed me. Then, I was suddenly dragged into a large vehicle and tossed to the floor. After the long ride, I arrived here and that was when Lucas appeared in front of me in your body." Taehyung tells Jungkook everything that he can remember.

"She found you too quickly, and your escape doesn't make sense." Jungkook mutters as he wraps Taehyung in his arms.

"The more that I think about it, the less sense that it makes to me as well. At the time, my emotions were high, and I was terrified, so I did not really think about it. I was just grateful that I had escaped, and that you were the one who was waiting for me, or so I thought." Taehyung whispers and curls up in Jungkook's safe embrace.

"Was it Ciara who found you?" Jungkook asks and gently sways with Taehyung in his arms as they sit on the couch.

"Yes." Taehyung nods and shivers as he thinks about the terrifying woman.

"She was Lucas' secretary and lover. How did she find you?" Jungkook closes his eyes as he thinks about how they had found Taehyung.

"You had set up an algorithm in the mainframe of the security for the world, so that if Taehyung appears anywhere, you would be alerted and could go to him." Namjoon reminds Jungkook as he walks in on their conversation.

"But, Taehyung's escape still does not make any sense." Jungkook looks up at his hyung.

"That is very true. I will look into Lucas' and Ciara's movements and actions from before Taehyung was found." Namjoon tells his friend as he watches Jungkook lovingly hold onto Taehyung.

"In the meantime, we need to fix everything that was broken." Jungkook mutters and looks outside of the large window of their home.

"How are you going to do that?" Jimin asks as he and Yoongi walk over to them.

"First, I will stop producing clones. Lucas didn't sell our clone technology to anyone, right?" Jungkook asks Namjoon.

"He was greedy, so not he did not." Namjoon responds and opens his arms as Jin walks over to him to hold him in his arms.

"The wealthy are obsessed with their perfect bodies, so they will be forced to listen to me once I take away their clones." Jungkook explains and looks at Jimin to see what he thinks,

"That will definitely piss them off and put them at your mercy." Jimin hums in agreement. "Before my mother died, she told me that you used to be different. She said that her mother would always speak so highly of you about how kind you were. I would scoff when my mother told me these stories of you because the only Jeon Jungkook that I knew did everything for money and power. So, show me the Jeon Jungkook of the fairytales and fables my mother always told me about."

"I feel really old right now, but I promise that I will right the wrongs of Lucas." Jungkook smiles at Jimin.

"I'll be watching you, so you better keep your promise." Tears trickle down Jimin's face.