☆ . * my love * . ☆

\\ robin's pov \\

~   ~   ~

i feel my eyes flutter open as i wake up, sprawled out on the couch. i try to sit up but then i realize there is this weight on my chest, i look down and see finn sound asleep. i feel this warmth creep onto my face as i think of what to do. i reach my hand toward his caramel brown hair and ruffle it, hoping that it would wake him up because i needed to see what time it was. after a few seconds, finn's eyes open and he says "okay, okay, i'm up.", his voice scratchy since he just woke up. 

i smile at him as he stands up and rubs his eyes, clearing the blur from them.  "heyy, good morning." i tell him as i stand up next to him, "why'd you wake me up so earlyyy" finn complains. "you were laying on me when i woke up so i needed to wake you up, plus its sometime in the afternoon." i explain, he looks nervous.. "hey, you okay?" i ask him, concerned. "uh yeah, but i should get home soon. gwen is probably wondering where i'm at." he mentions.

"uhm, okay." i tell him even though i really don't want him to leave. i feel like i wanna be next to him all the time. at least that's the best way to describe it, i watch him walk down the hallway to my room. i sit down on the couch again and sigh, to be honest i'm exhausted. i look over to the floor by the white painted front door and notice that my mom's work shoes are sitting there. then i look up at the key hook and see her car keys hanging, "i guess she's home now" i think to myself.

"hey, i'm back" finn exclaims, startling me a bit since i didn't hear his footsteps. "what did you go and get?" i ask him, curious. "oh just my bag." the other boy comments "cool, uhm, are you leaving now? or are you staying for a bit?" i ask him, nervously fidgeting with my belt loop. i don't know why i'm nervous, it's kinda like a main feeling when i'm around finney. but my thoughts are broken into when finn says "i'm probably gonna go now, i need to check up on gwen." i stop fidgeting with my belt loop for a moment, "oh, okay. do you want me to walk you home?" i question, i could tell he was thinking because of the look on his face.

"sure, why not." he says with a cheeky grin on his face. "yayyyy!!" i shout and toss my arms in the air when he opens the old front door, "cmon, dummy" he remarks. "is that all ya got? how about i race you to the stop sign on your street and we'll see who's the dummy now?" i challenge him, "robin you know i don't like running." he complains, "yeah, i know which is why this is gonna be easy." i continue, i've always known that finn had a competitive side. you just gotta push him far enough.

"okay fine." he gives up, "yes!!" i exclaim, we walk outside on the sidewalk for a second until finn stops, looks at me, and then starts running faster then i have ever seen him run before. "hey!! that's cheating!!" i shout at him and start darting for him "we never established any rules so technically it isn't!!" he shouts back at me while speeding up and turning a sharp corner, i start sprinting faster to catch up with him. 

i look forward and see the stop sign i was talking about earlier, "looks like i'm gonna beat you after all!" i shout at the other boy, "yeah right!" he yells and sprints faster, "how can you go any faster?? i thought you hated running!!" i tell him, "i lied, dummy" he gives me the most smug look i've ever seen, what. the. fuck. he starts laughing once we reach the stop sign. "alright, alright, you win." i admit, "thanks." he says, panting. i'm not surprised, it looked like he was running a marathon.

we start walking down the sidewalk, weeds peeking through the cracks. "i wonder what time it is." finn says, looking over to the faint orange and pink blur in the sky. "probably around 6:00, i don't know." i respond, then i look over and see him already looking at me. "oh, uh, sorry. you were talking and then i kinda spaced out." he muttered "it's okay finn, i know i'm pretty you can stare all you want." i laugh, he looks at me like i'm a dumbass "i'm just kidding!" i smirk at him, "you're an asshole, you know that right?" he asks me, then starts smiling too.

i go to glance at finn again, he looks so pretty. i don't want to admit it but it's true, there's just something about him that makes me want to scream into a pillow. maybe it's his fluffy caramel-brown hair, or his smoky quartz eyes, or maybe it's his artistic looking face shape. the way his hair frames his face so beautifully is something i don't think i would ever see in anyone else. geez, i sound delusional. i look down at my shoes and step over the cracks in the sidewalk.

"were almost there, just a few houses down." he says. "okay, once i drop you off i'm going to see what vance is doing." i tell finn, i haven't seen vance in a bit so it'll be good to see him... i think, he has such a short temper and the only two people that don't make him that upset is bruce and griffin. we start walking up to finn's house, i see that his dad's truck is gone so i don't have to worry about him screaming at me again. finn's dad is really harsh, one time about a year ago he yelled at me for walking him home. Called me some things that shocked me to my core just because i walked another boy to his house.

we walk up the steps to the front door together, "alright, i'll see you tomorrow." he tells me, "okay, bye!" i exclaim as he closes the door. I start walking down the small stairs and sigh. I fidget with my belt loop again as i think about earlier, how i was looking at finn. it's not like i like him, he's a boy and i'm pretty sure he likes the girl in our science class, donna. even the thought of it made me a bit upset. it really shouldn't make me upset, because he's a boy and my best friend. whatever, i'll think more about it tomorrow.

˖ ࣪ ་ ˖ ☆ °˖ ࣪ ་ ˖

12 / 13/ 22 ˖ ࣪ ་ ˖

A/N: I'm so sorry this took forever. I have had way too much going on. Next chapter should be out soon though.