Six| Motel room

Axel

There was a crash. Next, I fought an unknown man and from there, everything became foggy. There were glimpses of memories of me getting on my feet but not on my own. I had support from something or rather someone. Suddenly, the wind was slapping against my face. The sight was blurry and went by faster than it should. I tried to move my body or rather kind of lean away from where I was. Instead, I felt a hand grab onto my wrist, pulled at it so I was unable to push away. My eyes were eager to shut so I let it.

Gently, I fluttered my eyes open only to feel a splitting headache come on. I squeezed my face in pain and tried to sit up. Instead, I felt a hold around my wrists and ankles. The sleep or rather dizziness was gone from my eyes just as I took a look at my hands. There was a rope around my hands as well as my ankles. I looked to the side and a pair of familiar eyes stared at me.

A sigh left my lips and I relaxed my head on the pillow once more. "Is this supposed to be a joke?"

"I'm not sure. Does it seem like one?"

Momentarily, I looked away from her. "Untie me."

"That's not going to happen."

I glared at her, for her to see how serious I was. Being tied this way was one of the things I hated.

"I saved your life. The least you could do is say thank you."

Again, I looked away from her. This time, I spent a minute looking around. We were in a small square foot room, brown rugs laid the entire floor, a small television hung on the wall and there was no personal item or property to indicate this was her bedroom.

"I saved myself." I replied after my gaze was back on her. She stared at me and for a moment, I eyes lurked left and right, her lips parted briefly. "You're nervous. You should be. Imagine what I would do to you when I'm free."

She narrowed her eyes at me. Just like that, there was a sense or somewhat show of confidence. I watched her stand to her feet from the chair she sat on. She nodded her head in assurance. "Okay, let's say you will be able to kill me if you become free. I'm not scared of death. I nearly got myself killed while trying to save you whom I hate so, I'm ready to go the extreme mile."

This time, it was me who narrowed my eyes on her.

"Tell me where my mother is and I'll let you go."

I gave her a blank stare and remained quiet. She was patient, well the first few minutes while she expected a reply from me. "Just so you know, I'm not going to stop. You might as well get comfortable in your position."

Still, I gave her no reply and enjoyed watching the fact it ate her up. There was a knock on the door and she went after it.

"Who is it?" She asked while standing close to the door.

"Reyna. It's me, Afam."

Reyna.

I watched her unlock the door and the young man walked in, after which she closed the door right away. The period his eyes laid on me, they held surprise and fear before he returned them to her.

"Rey, what is this? You have a man tied up in here." He told her in a voice that seemed like a whisper.

"Calm down, okay? You said to tell you if I ever need your help. This is it. Right until now, I've managed on my own but I think I need help and you're the only one I can call."

He looked at me once more, this time his facial expression was that of nervousness.

"Rey, this can get us in trouble with the law."