New Boy in School...And He's a Vampire?! [Chapter One]

Check otu my other stories, too!

http://www.wattpad.com/1867906-the-living-game (The Living Game: A Vampire/Fantasy)

http://www.wattpad.com/1285835-white-washed (White Washed: A Paranormal/Fantasy)

http://www.wattpad.com/1407795-fate%27s-choice (Fate's Choice: A Paranormal/Romance)

Enjoy!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The phone was ringing. It was so loud...

"What?" I answered grumpily, holding the phone lazily near my ear.

"Are you still in bed?!" It was Daria Jonhston, my best friend. "Celia Marie! Get up or we're going to be late!"

Celia Marie was her nickname for me. In reality, I didn't have a middle name. I was just Celia Travers and I hated my name above all else.

"Ugh, fine. I'm getting up." I snapped the phone shut and rolled onto my feet. It was like this every morning. Daria would call and wake my up and go on about how we were going to be late to school, and then I'd get up and quickly get ready and we'd be 10 minutes early.

I walked over to my closet, blinking my eyes as if that would make me less groggy. I am definitely not a morning person.

I decided on my Pierce The Veil t-shirt, some dark skinny jeans, my Dakine beanie and my dirty, old converse. I knew Daria would throw a fit when she saw me. She was very.. girly.. and I was not. She thought I should look more elegant for school. As if.

I pushed my bangs out of my eyes. They immediately fell back into place.

Just as I was walking downstairs, there was a knock at my front door. For a second, I almost expected my dad to get it, then remember that he was at work. He was always at work.

I opened the door and glared at Daria, my bad mood not completely gone.

"Oh don't be like that, doll. Don't you know what day it is?" She beamed.

"Monday?" She scowled at me for a moment, perhaps deciding whether she wanted to tell me what day it was or bagger me about my lack of concern.

She evidently decided the first because her face lit up again. "Yes, it's Monday. THE Monday. The Monday that I've been telling you about for months!" I sighed and she got on with it. "The new kid's coming today!" She squealed.

Oh yeah. I'd been excited about that at first. A new boy in our school. Perhaps he'd be a cool boy, not a total flake like the boys in our school now.

But then I'd decided I didn't really care because Melanie, the most popular girl in our school, decided that he was already hers.

We already fought about everything, I didn't need more to fight with her about.

We walked out to her car and got in. She drove us to the school, too fast, as always.

I looked over her appearance. Honestly, I wasn't really sure how we became best friends. She was preppy and gorgeous. She had long, beautiful curly blonde hair and green/brown eyes. I was boyish and, in her words, I dressed like a "skater". I had long, dark hair and green eyes. I was also moody and depressed most of the time, while she was always cheerful and peppy.

But, I guess that's what I like about her. She's never upset so I always feel happier when I'm with her. And she never gets angry or impatient with me or my sulky attitude, which I try not to have around her. The mornings are an exception, of course.

"I heard he's absolutely gorgeous!" She gushed. "And, according to Melanie, he dresses like you do." She gave me that "what-are-you-wearing" look that I ignored.

I had to admit, if it was true about how he dressed, maybe he could be different. But who cared anyway? He was just another stupid boy.

Daria could tell that I wasn't interested so she changed the subject. "There's gonna be a party tonight. At Dawn's place."

I grinned at her. I was always up for a party at Dawn's.

Dawn Bucksworth was a rich girl. She wasn't really snobby, but she hung around with Melanie and her group. Whenever her parents went out of town she threw a party and everyone who went to our school was invited. They were always the best parties.

"What time?" I asked, still grinning. Daria grinned too, and I could tell she was planning.

"9 o'clock but I'll pick you up at 8:30." I laughed. No doubt she'd want to see what I was wearing.

We pulled into school then and noticed that every girl in the school seemed to be sitting on the hoods of their cars and staring around. I knew what they were waiting for.

"This is ridiculous." i muttered under my breath to Daria. She giggled.

We walked quickly into the school, completely unnoticed.. until we got into the hallway.

Suddenly there were girls everywhere and Melanie pushed my aside, knocking me over. "Everyone just back up. He's mine." She sneered in her ugly, nasal voice.

I jumped up, prepared to tell her off and then I saw what she was walking about at once. There he stood, the new boy, at his locker.

And Daria had been right.