Chapter 24

"Because I knew you would leave me." Mingyu's words had been repeating in Seokmin's brain for a long time. He is currently eating in his room. So is Mingyu. They ate their food in silence.

Mingyu stole glances at Seokmin several times. Seokmin who was dumbfounded while chewing his food. Did he feel that what he said was too forceful? Why can't he understand that Seokmin is bored in the room all the time? Then why did he say that crazy thought even though it was just a bad dream?

Mingyu didn't realize that Seokmin had finished his meal. He put his plate beside Mingyu's table and took a glass of water that the waiter had prepared. After that, he stood up and walked to the bathroom. Without looking at Mingyu.

After the door closed, Mingyu, who didn't have an appetite, finally decided to put down his bowl of porridge and drink a glass of water. He then looked at the wound in with Seokmin put it earlier. Then gently touch the wound. There was a pain when his finger stroked the wound even though it was bandaged.

"What's wrong Mingyu? Did your wound open again?" asked Seokmin who just came out of the bathroom. He who saw Mingyu grimacing while holding his wound immediately ran to Mingyu.

Mingyu shook his head slowly with a faint smile, "No, I just touched it."

After that, they fell silent again. Seokmin had already moved to the bed next to Mingyu. He had almost closed his eyes to sleep before then he remembered that he forgot to check Mingyu's temperature. He sat back down and put one hand on Mingyu's forehead. Mingyu just stared at him in silence, he looked into Seokmin's eyes which looked worried now before heaving a sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness the fever has gone down. You don't need to take medicine anymore. Now let's go to sleep." Seokmin said as he lay back down on the bed. Mingyu just obeyed and lay back down.

Seokmin turn to sleep towards outside beside Mingyu. But Mingyu's hands were wrapped around his waist. He turned and saw Mingyu hugging him from behind.

"Mingyu-ya, if you sleeping like that, your wound could open," Seokmin said which made Mingyu loosen his hug. He looked at Seokmin sadly. 

"But if it wasn't like this, I wouldn't be able to see your face," said Mingyu who raised his mouth. Back to the spoiled nature. Seokmin just cleared his throat to calm his heart.

"O-okay, now you should sleep properly and I'll sleep facing here. But you should sleep and don't stare at my face." Seokmin said while narrowing his eyes. Mingyu nodded loudly with a big smile. Now Seokmin thinks that he is taking care of the second Jihoon.

.....

It's now been exactly one month since that incident. Everything is back to normal. King Seungcheol again received the respect of the people for successfully returning the missing children. Although two children did not survive. 

King Seokjin was also happy because his friend received praise from the people. He wanted to refrain from committing suicide when he found out that his son was the mastermind of all this, but he realized that Mingyu only had him now. The only family Mingyu has is him.

Apart from thinking that, he also canceled his intention because Seungcheol stopped him at that time. 

The moment when he wanted to stab the sword into his heart like his son used to be. But Seungcheol immediately stopped him and said, "Please don't leave me. After Jeonghan, you're the only one who can hear my sorrow. Please don't make me suffer more than this. I forgive you, I forgive your son. Really, please don't leave me in this world. this alone." Said Seungcheol who for the first time he cried in front of him. Seungcheol who was strong and resolute was crying and pleading with him. Like it or not he wants to give up. Now he finds a new goal, which is to accompany Seungcheol in this world.