48

" Fuck you!"

" Fuck you!"

Swiftly ducking out of the way the glass shattered as it hit the wall.

" Angie just calm down"

" No!" Gripping another plate she sniffled as her red face scrunched even more deeply. " I will not calm down! I'm supposed to trust you and be okay with you leaving me in the middle of the night to go fuck some whore!"

Honesty.. this is what it actually gets you.

" Hey, Mia's not-"

"Shut up!!"

The heavy silence hung around us like a wet blanket as tears rolled down her face and off her chin. And I almost immediately regretted letting Ellis stay with me as I heard his steps approaching. Drenched in sweat Ellis's stride slowed at the sight of the scattered glass on the floor.  Sitting his empty water bottle on the island he pulled his headphones from his head. The music blared for a moment before he turned it off.

" What's going on?" He asked looking cautiously between Angie and I like two fighting parents.

" Not a good time" I waved him off. " You reek go take a shower "

" No Ellis stay" Angie stopped him as he started to walk off. Raising an eyebrow Ellis looked at me expectantly as Angie put her hands on her hips.

" Go ahead Kaleb tell your brother what's going on"

" You can't be serious"

" You bet your ass I am" her eyes narrowed.

Sighing my shoulders sagged as I looked between Angie and my brother.

" I slept with someone else last night"

" Oh. Shit" Ellis's eyebrows rose.

Shaking her head Angie scoffed bitterly allowing the tears to flow down her face. " You know what I knew it" the glass plate clanked against the counter top as she tossed it down.

" In my heart, a part of me always knew that no matter what I did, no matter how many times I told you I love you Kaleb.. you never let go of your ex, you've always been in love with her.. and it's always going to be her isn't it?"  her lips trembled just as she let out another sob.

Looking at me Ellis rose his hands. " It's not my place to say anything but what you did was fucked up and if you actually care about Angelica .. you need to fix this right now before she packs up and leaves " backing out of the room Ellis headed to the stairs and Angie's sadness seemed to consume every bit of oxygen in the room.

Ellis hadn't walked the walk that I had to, he was just a year younger than I was and still he was right...

Regardless of the chemistry Angie and I did and didn't share it wasn't grounds for me to go be unfaithful to her. Especially with someone who had hurt me deeply.