56

With a deep sigh I stared down at my hands as the water rushed over them clearing my skin of Dom's blood

                   With a deep sigh I stared down at my hands as the water rushed over them clearing my skin of Dom's blood. What I did wasn't right, Dom had been my friend for many years but even as I watched his blood mix with the water I couldn't find an ounce of sympathy within myself. I didn't care, I didn't feel bad for him I had no idea what condition he was in nor did I care to find out.  Ellis insisted that I leave while he stayed at the hotel to answer what questions Monroe would have. The way he spoke to me was like he was talking to a stranger and that alone told me that I wasn't doing too good. Turning off the faucet I stared back at my reflection, the bruises that lingered my pale skin almost appeared black. The dried blood was molded over the wound and left a long trail down my neck. I probably should have stayed to get stitches then I remembered who I had to keep my good looks for. Right now I didn't look like myself even my eyes were sunken in. I hadn't been sleeping well but now it was even more obvious. I was a shell of myself and Angie's betrayal just tipped the scales and I completely lost it.

I blamed myself, it's been weeks and still I haven't been able to get my mind right.

" What's happening to me?" I muttered hopelessly like my reflection would really give me an answer. Pulling my shirt off I tossed it into the overflowing dirty clothes hamper and grabbed ahold of my sweatpants to do the same when my phone began to ring.  Heading back into my room I grabbed my phone off of the charger as I read the name Ellis.

" Hey"

Ellis let out a long sigh. " Hey? Are you alright?"

" I'm okay, I'm just out of it I guess" chuckling to myself I sat down on the edge of the bed. "

" What the hell, I've seen you spaz out but not like that. You weren't out of it back there Kaleb. You knew exactly what you were doing "

" You really called to lecture me?" I spat immediately. " You know what I'm sick and fuckin tired of people who don't know a thing about me thinking they have any kind of right to judge me. " Holding the phone to my ear I stood back on my feet and began to pace back and forth across the front of my bed 

"I'm not perfect not by a long fuckin long shot but put anyone in my shoes and make them walk the same walk I did and let's see if they can even function at all in society. They would have lost their minds years ago. "

Ellis paused. " Kaleb that's not"-

" I'm not fuckin okay Ellis, I have to deal with all of this and worry about everyone. But no one worries about me, Nobody gives a fuck about Kaleb" as the words left my mouth I felt myself begin to shake with rage because every word was true. Mia begged for me to talk to her but never asked how I was doing, she didn't care about me..

" Fuck!" Punching the wall, no pain jolted from my knuckles but a crack began to rip through the wall. All I could hear was the sound of my blood pumping through my ears with my heart thumping heavily through my fists. Looking at the damage I could barely make out Ellis's voice anymore. Just then my eyes darted over to the phone my hand tightened around it and I shook as my rage boiled over.