63- Happy Birthday -Part Two

         The cheering surrounding me sounded just like white noise as the fight persisted. Corey's opponent was strong and every punch the man threw looked incredibly painful. Corey would have been in trouble if any of the punches landed, they were matched almost perfectly. Corey was fast and as time progressed his opponent began to move slower and slower. Corey's body glistened with sweat but still he flawlessly dodged every slow, heavy swing the opponent came at him with. Dripping with sweat the man came at Corey again but this time he wrapped his arms around him, restraining Corey's arms as he tried to catch his breath. The crowd erupted into protest and Reese laughed as one of his friends spoke into his ear. Whatever was said I couldn't hear but it was entertaining enough to cause Reese look at me with a smug grin. He thought Corey was going to lose but I knew Corey better than anyone in the audience.

Corey could break out of this hold and I was sure that for entertainment purposes is the reason he was letting it persist.

As my phone vibrated for the fourth time a loud bell suddenly rang and a big bulky referee pulled the two of them apart. Gently I tapped Reese's shoulder.

" I'm going to find the restroom " I stood to my feet.

" I'll walk you " he began to get up and I pushed against his shoulder in protest.

" Stay, I'll be fine"

Reese's eyebrows came together as he tried to read my face. " You sure?"

" If I get lost or something I'll call you" I reassured before squeezing through the aisle I glanced back towards the arena and as Corey sat to one side drinking from his water bottle his pale green eyes met mine. Just like if someone punched me in the stomach, it folded over as my pulse began to race.  Turning away I hurried out of the room and into the wide hallway. The whole building resembled a warehouse with concrete floors, metal walls and industrial lighting. The hallways were busy with people crowding around vendors for a snack before the fight started up again. Unsurprisingly there wasn't very many women here but the few I did see came out of one of the many doors further down the hallway.

Hastily I pushed open the door and immediately paused at the disgusting mess. Wet and dry paper towels littered the dirty floor with the along with shards of glass from one of the broken mirrors. The stench of many perfumes and diarrhea was nauseating and as I pushed open the doors to the stalls, they were either on the verge of over flowing or offered no toilet paper. The very last stall's toilet seat was cracked but it was the cleanest by far and half a roll of toilet paper was left inside. With a sigh I stepped inside and fought with the rickety lock before laying toilet paper across the seat and then sat down. Digging into my purse I retrieved my phone to see what was so urgent, as I unlocked my phone I frowned at the unknown number.

010-000-0990- hey gorgeous

010-000-0990- how's your birthday going so far?