sixteen

B L A I R  A L D E R I D G E
_

"Hey baby, let's go out for dinner. My treat alright." He leans against the doorframe of our bedroom door with a smirk on his lips.

"Okay, let me get dressed first. I got a new dress I think you'll like." I run into the closet and grab the dress from the bag.

The dress is sleeveless and has a cut right under my boobs. It's tight and form fitting, showing off my body like a second skin. The bright pink colour glowing against my tan skin.

Once I let my hair down I walk out with a pair of black heels. He sits on our bed looking at the closet door. He stills in his spot and stares for a few seconds. I stay stuck in the same spot infront of him, nervously waiting for his reaction.

"Do you like it?" I give him a small twirl but it doesn't do anything to get a reaction from him.

"Do I like it?!" He stands aruptly and stalks closer towards me. "Your fucking tits are hanging out. What are people going to think when they see my whore of a girlfriend. You're are fucking whore, a fucking slut! Maybe you should've died instead of your mother!"

I stay in the same spot until he stops yelling in my face. It's not the first time this has happened nor the last. I don't know when it'll stop or even if it'll stop. He's my first love it's hard to break up with you boyfriend of 2 years even if he acts like you don't have feelings.

Maybe I did something bad in my past life or maybe I am the reason my mum died. Maybe I should just leave this earth for good, become apart of the sky and never come back.

What did I do to deserve this life?

Maybe I should just suck it up and be everyone's goddamn doll for the rest of eternity. I rather make everyone happy then be happy myself.

For the rest of the night I stay stuck to his side, arms latched together, a fake smile stuck on my face, a long-sleeved dress replaced the one I bought today.

My heart barely hanging on. Tears building up behind my eyelids but terrified to let them free. Eyes that looked at everyone to help and free me from the darkness but all they saw was the happy layer I forced on every day.

TILL DEATH DO US PART

My dad is right beside me when I wake from the nightmare I had. He holds me in his arms until the tears from my eyes finally stop.

"D-dad." I sob. "I don't know what to do anymore." My body begins shaking from the vibration, aching in pain but not the physical type.

His hand comes down and brushes the hair off my face, "All good things take time sweetheart. When something bad happens you can't expect the world to be sunshine and cupcakes right after, because there will always be thunderstorms that come out of nowhere and shake you off your feet. But the hardest part of it all is after the storm, when you're stuck in that grey haze where you don't know what to do. You may have a family or friends but the one person who will always be there is yourself,"

He pauses momentarily, "You are the only one that can truly fix your broken heart. So might as well become friends with your inner self and face this troubled world, not shy away from it. Don't stay stuck in that grey daze like I did." He leans down and kisses the top of my head, his lips lingering a second longer.

"I love you Dad. Thank you for everything." He moves off my bed and towards the door slowly.

"You don't need to thank me, I should be thanking you for everything. Get some more sleep, I'll be back later tonight." The door closes softly.

Even though my body feels like a million pounds I open the curtains and start my day. After a long shower that most likely burned my skin off and a warm cup of coffee I finally feel somewhat better.

"My baby!" I smile when I see Reese's chubby face. I take out off his cot, "I missed you! I missed you! I missed you so much!" I attack his face with kisses, my heart beating harder when he laughs.

"Mama has alot planned today. Firstly, I need to find a new job. Secondly, we barely have any food for you so we need that. Thirdly, I'm taking you to the park." I quickly get him dressed in a pair of overalls and a small hoodie over top.

"Mama Mama Mama." Reese mumbles as we walk down the stairs together.

"Mama Mama Mama." I copy him as we walk outside and buckle him into his car seat.

My first stop is a small childcare near my house. The job I applied for is only the receptionist but it's enough money to support us. Through my interview Reese was sitting next to me in a small chair, sitting like a little gentleman.

On the way out the lady reliefs my nerves by saying I've got the job and I can start as soon as Saturday, leaving me with four days to prepare myself. She even allowed Reese to stay here during the weekdays.

After that I drive to the shops. As I walk in this weird feeling that I've being watched comes over me but I ignore it.

As I'm walking through the aisles I'm greeted with a familiar voice. "Blair I thought I was never going to see you again!" Harvey calls from the other end of the aisle.

"Harvey!" I smile.

He runs up to me with a goofy smile on his face. "Who is this little boy?"

"Reesy say hi to Harvey. Harvey say hi to Reese, my son." I angle Reese to see Harvey.

"I've seen him before but never up-close. He's just so much cuter and chubbier and—aw he's just so cute." He gushes while Reese smiles.

"Do you want to hold him?"

"Are you sure?" He asks nervously.

"Yes, he grabs a little so just be weary of that." I pass Reese over to Harvey.

"Well, off we go." Harvey follows me while I grab anything I need while playing with Reese. For the first time in awhile it feels nice to have someone looking after him while I do things. It's a nice change for once.

_

j<3