twentyfive

L E V I  C O O P E R
_

Her stomach growls once more, filling the silent room with something to focus on. I lift my head from hers and look down at her face.

Her soft, beautiful features that leave my chest tingling with a foreign feeling.

The way her eyes always seem to widen whenever she's looking at Reese. The way her eyebrows scrunch together when she's focused on something. The way her nose twitches ever so slightly when she sees me walk into the room. The way she fiddles with her hands whenever she's worried about Reese.

She's so fucking beautiful.

Her dirty brown hair and how it flows down her back, long enough I can wrap my wrist around it twice. The faint freckles that litter against her nose and cheeks. And her plump lips that I'd do anything to have wrapped against my cock. Her doe eyes that give me a hard-on right then and there.

The things I'd do to have her in my bed.

In my heart.

"Let's get you some food." I pull away fully. Watching silently as she lays Reese down on her bed, tucking him in and walking towards me.

I open her bedroom door while she looks back at her son, sleepy peacefully. I grab her hand and pull her away from the bedroom.

Sneakily I pull out my phone and text Kian to watch him. He replies within seconds, telling me he's on his way.

I put my phone away, focusing my attention on the woman right next to me.

Her hand wrapped around mine feels foreign but familiar in a sense. While her hand is warm and soft, mine is cold and calloused.

When we walk into the kitchen, I force her to sit on one of the chairs scattered around the kitchen bench.

I make my way around the kitchen, filling pots with pasta while making a sauce from fresh tomatoes in a pan. Just like how my mama taught me.

Blair stays silent while I cook until I feel her body next to me, "Can I help with anything?" I look over at for a brief second but I get lost in her eyes and the way they light up under the natural sun seeping through the kitchen windows.

"There's a block of cheese in the fridge, can you grate that?" I keep my eyes on hers while I tell her where everything is.

She sets the grater and cheese on a cutting book next to me. She picks up a lump of cheese and begins grating it.

"Levi, if I'm going to be staying here for awhile then your going to tell me everything. Because right now I don't know how to feel about this whole thing and if I can't hide things from you then you have to do the same." Her hair covers her face, blocking the view.

"Buckle up sweetheart," I lean back and reach past her body to grab a knife from the rack. I place my other hand on the curve of her body as I move back to where I was.

I begin cutting up the chicken, giving side glance at Blair. At one point she paused for almost a solid minute, just staring off into the distance while touching a hand to her head. She stopped almost as soon as I was about to ask if she was alright.

For the rest of the time we spend in the kitchen it's silent. I give myself a speech about how I'll tell her everything while she stays off in her own haze.

It's only when I place a large bowl in front of her at the dining room table that she looks up at me and smiles softly, "Thank you."

"No problem, I owe it to you seeing as I'm practically forcing you to stay here." I take a seat across from her and lean back, silently watching her as she begins to eat.

She shovels a few spoonfuls into her mouth before looking up at me like a deer caught in headlights, she quickly swallows her food before talking, "Sorry, I normally don't eat like that but I haven't eaten in awhile."

"So I'm in the mafia as you know." She keeps her calm exterior surprises me.

"You don't have any questions?" I cross my arms against my chest.

"Well, what happens now?" She asks quietly.

"We figure it out as we go."

"That's reassuring." She rolls her eyes.

My answer is cut short when I get a text message from the front gate security saying a delivery has been dropped off.

"You've got a delivery." I tell her as she continues to eat her food.

"Finally, your express shipping wasn't express enough." She laughs as she comments before getting up to wash her bowl.

"Didn't yesterday you say you didn't want it, where'd that go?" I follow her out of the kitchen and take her to the front door.

"Well if I'm going to be here awhile I might as well get used to it, and Reese wanted his toys."

After I grab the humongous box from the security and take it upstairs, accidentally dropping it and waking Reese up. But he wakes up and immediately starts waddling over to the box, just as intrigued as his mother.

I sit down on the couch as I watch the pair almost rip it open the box and the smaller bags inside. Revealing lots of colourful toys for Reese and more basic essentials for Blair.

I watch the both until I remember something, "Follow me." I say before taking them to the door across from mine in the hallway. "Don't be mad at me."

I open the door and inside is a new bedroom for both her and Reese, with a whole corner dedicated to Reese and his new bed. Blair's bed is a four poster princess bed with white and light pink bedsheets. She walks further inside and spots the fully stocked bathroom with everything and anything she'll ever need, as well as Reese. And of course a full closet, one side fully dedicated to each other.

"I know I shouldn't be hugging you, because you're you know you, but thank you for everything, we're still not best-friends yet." She mumbles into my shoulder.

"You can say that for as long as you want, sugar." I rub a hand up her back and lay a soft kiss on both their heads.

She pulls away before glaring at me, "Reese does not need that much clothes, he'll grow out of them in a month."

I smirk, "Check the tags sugar."

She walks over to Reese's side of the closet before seeing it all divided into months, all the way until three years. "I hate you." She rolls her eyes but from where I stand I can see the outline of a smile on her face

_

j <3