14 - Mattheo Riddle

"I knew a boy once when I was small. A towhead blond with eyes of salt."

"Okay, and one time, my brothers stole my father's car to get Harry and muggles saw them. It got my father into many problems, but it was funny." Ginny tells me about her family and her brothers' many pranks, and I smile. I dont have a lot to tell about my family. The one I spent time with was my mother, and I never had any siblings. The only one I had was Draco... And I'd rather not tell anyone our memories. They stay between us and will be erased one day.

"Your family sounds so much fun. But are you sure you dont have a thing for Harry?" Ginny's cheek turns red, and I smirk. I knew it. Ginny and Harry can't stop staring at each other, although I'm sure they are the only one who has noticed it yet.

"You can't tell anyone." I hold up my pinky finger.

"It's a promise," she smiles. I look down at my book but get interrupted by a boy laughing, and I sigh.

"Will you three shut the fuck up? We are trying to study here." Draco stares at us in shock, but a grin takes place on his lips. Here we go again.

"What are you studying, Scott? Amortentia?" The boys by his side laugh at his joke, but I only grow angry.

"Malfoy, is that yellow hair I see? Did you forget to bleach it this week?" I smirk down at my book. And Draco stares at me angrily.

"You are a dumb fucking bitch, Scott." Ginny stands up and stares at the boys angrily.

"Say one more word to her, and that will be the last thing you do." Draco only glares at me. It's not like I told ginny about the bleaching. Everyone knows no one has that blonde hair.

"Something wrong, blondie?" The words escape my mouth, and they stare at me in shock, but Draco only takes one more step closer to us.

"What did you just call me?" He knows damn well what I called him. He's heard it for fifteen years now.

"Want me to repeat it now?" His eyes are glued to mine, and he looks like he will kill someone. I feel proud and turn back to my book.

"If you excuse us, Malfoy and his followers. We are trying to study. I'm sure you have other things to do. And Ginny, you are right. I can see yellow hair." Draco only glares at me, but then I look over at Mattheo, who almost has a smile on his lips. His eyes are glued to me, and I gulp. Why is he staring at me like that? It's like he knows what I thought because the next second, he looks away, and the boys walk out of the library. I try to go back to the book, but I only look back to the exit of the library, feeling Mattheo's intense gaze still on me, but no one is there.

"What's on your mind?" Ginny asks me, and I gulp, looking at her.

"Oh? Nothing. I just wanted to see if they left." I look down, trying to think of something else, but his eyes are left in my head. Bloody hell, Daisy, snap out of it.

"You were awesome. Did you see Draco's gaze when you called him blondie?" Ginny says, and I smile at myself. If I saw it, I wish I could take a picture of it and hang it on my wall.

"I'm so proud of you, Daisy. Look at yourself. You are getting stronger. They can't fucking hurt you anymore." I smile at Ginny. Maybe she is right. They can't fucking hurt me anymore. I'm stronger now.

"Thank you, Ginny." She smiles before she goes back to her book.

"Do you think Mattheo is sad because of his father? I mean, he lost him." Ginny looks up at me and shrugs. She thinks for a minute but then closes her mouth.

"I dont know. They all were death eaters, stupid if you ask me. I dont think I could ever forget someone for being a death eater, even if it were their parents and not them." I gulp. A few days ago, I found out about my mother being a death eater. She showed me her arm and told me how my father forced her into it. I wanted to kill him for doing it to her. She deserved better. I can't tell Ginny that my parents used to be death-eaters. She would never forgive me, even if I weren't one. It is like she said, "even if it were their parents and not them." I decide to keep my mouth shut. I'm not one of them.