Theater

Camilo sat next to me and I jumped slightly, not expecting him to come so close. He raised his eyebrow but didn't say anything about it.

- So... I'm sorry. I should start with that. Truth is, I really want to stay with you, but Abuela and Mami are arguing all the time because of me and I feel like I'm giving them too much stress

I sighed. I know how this feels.

- It's not your fault. Alma made this mess and Pepa just cares about you. Your grandmother should too, maybe she does. But she's not considering your feelings into the equation and that's where she's wrong.

- I really don't want you to think I like Sofia, cause I really don't. I've spent a few hours with her and I already think I'm gonna die.

I smiled a little. Then it hits me. I know what to do!

- I have an idea.

- I'm listening

He looked at me, visibly intrigued

- Sofia said they had to stay here until she changed, right?

- Yeah, and I think I see where you're going

He smiled. God he's so- I can't even be mad.

- The only thing she's interested in and that could make her stay here is you. So step one, she needs to hate you.

- How do I do that? I'm so perfect nobody hates me
I slightly hit his shoulder, smiling

- Yeah right, be serious for a second, would you? You love theater don't you? If Camilo is perfect then you can just play someone else that she'll hate!

- Ok, that's not a bad idea. She won't be leaving just because she hates me though

- Step two. I make a deal with her, I teach her how to act and she leaves

- Where's the good part for her?

- If she knows how to act, then she can pretend she changed and leave this place that she hates so much.

- I'm gonna have to pretend I like her until my birthday though...

- You'll survive! We'll do a smaller party at my house if you want to.

- So you can kiss me without anyone noticing? Smart

I rolled my eyes as he grinned

- So what do you think about this?

- Kissing you? I'd love it! Actually it's what I've been daydreaming about ever since I met you

I blushed a little

- I'm talking about the plan, estúpido idiota!

- You didn't say no! So I'll take it as "I'm finally falling for you Camilo"

- Shut up and answer

- I can't do both!

- I hate you

- Oh c'mon you know you don't. But back to the plan, yeah it's a good idea! We need to define my character though...

- You're right...

I got lost in his gaze when we heard a noise coming from my door. We both looked surprised and I decided to open the door, just to see my family and Mirabel falling in front of us. These snitches...

- Seriously?

- We were worried! they all answered

- Well, I guess we don't have to tell you what happened then. Come in and help us

- We're gonna play? asked Ryuji

- Yeah, but it's a secret game! So nobody but us can know, ok Ryu?

- Can I tell Antonio?

- Only if he promises he won't tell!

Ryuji smiled and got in my room with everyone else, sitting on Camilo's lap. I smiled at the view, adorable... Mirabel snapped her finger and I cleared my throat, getting back to reality. Now is not the time.

We spent about three hours trying to figure out a character for him to play without Alma noticing what's going on. But nothing, even Papi tried to help however we weren't the best at this.

- I have an idea! said Ryuji

- What are you thinking?

- Maybe Camilo can act really gross when he's alone with her, he just says "I'm just feeling comfortable with you" when she asks why he's acting like that!

- It could work- Plus it's not suspicious since Abuela never spent a night with Camilo... said Mirabel

- What do you think? i asked him

- Yeah, it's perfect! Though it's going to be tough for me to play... I'm so maniac it's really unlike me... But whatever, I'm perfect so I can do it!

- Oh yeah I noticed last time, your room smells like marine breeze! i said

Papi gave me a look but didn't say anything

- Oh Papi isn't the lovekiller anymore? Ryuji said, looking at Mirabel

- The what?

Camilo and I immediately bursted out laughing, soon followed by Luna and Mami. It took us a while to get back to our senses. Honestly, I felt a lot better. Spending time with Camilo really does make me feel good... Fuck that letter I wrote, even if Sofia really was better for him, which I don't think is true, I'll still fight for my hapiness. I mean, he's not the only one that brings me happiness but I do feel bad whenever we're in a fight. I can imagine a future like this. I smiled at the thought.

- I wanna make a huge dinner, I need a lot of help! Come down, everyone!

Mami said, Camilo and I were the last one to leave my room but she stopped us.

- I think I have enough help, you too can stay here!

She smiled and closed the door. Camilo turned to me and I felt like I was gonna die. I layed on my bed, completely embarrassed. It's the first time I'm alone with him since I know about my feelings. Earlier didn't count, I was mad. He layed next to me and our eyes crossed. I can't look away, I can't talk either. I don't know what to do. I just really want to kiss him right now, and I feel like he feels the same.

———————————————————————————

Writer : _noyaas (me)

This chapter is a little shorter than usual but I want to make y'all wait so :)