CHAPTER FIFTY TWO

Kakashi's P.O.V

It had been a long walk, well longer, since Tadeo constantly berated us on our poor skills at keeping Y/N safe. He brought out all the times she had summoned them to protect her and that, it was only after her arrival at Konoha that the dangers seemed threatening enough for the summons to completely change their frame and bare fangs. "Before, she summoned us so we could cuddle her or steal food from stalls" was what the massively, large feline had said. I was taunted for being the master of ninkens and rather offensively, the cat stated I smelled like wet dog. In my defense, I had been splashed with water, endured waves of wind attacks, burnt to crisp twice as well as sustained lightning by the foe. I retaliated stating that not everyone had the time to groom ourselves perfectly, some of us were keeping our lives in danger so others could complain about our 'mediocre' job. The constant jabs would have increased had it not been for the very woman who was behind such scuffle. Y/N woke up as soon as we crossed the mountain and headed towards the village gates. Sakura had ensured that the bleeding stopped but my wife wasn't able to put pressure on her leg. Finally, Tadeo had let her off once she ordered and I was able to offer my shoulder as support. Y/N seemed thankful but her pace was rather slow, further reducing our pace. The large feline, however, carried Kakuzu's body and we were able to bypass all the security measures and reach the Hokage tower.

Safe to say, our honorable Godaime had observed each of us, head to toe, and as a response, sighed deeply through her nose. I could bring out about five noticeable injuries that she was going to mention after the submission of final report. Yamato had also noticed where Tsunade-sama's eyes had trailed and he only grimaced as most of the injuries were inflicted on the team he was responsible for. Mine, even though temporary, looked healthy and with less wounds. After I gave a verbal statement of what had happened followed by Yamato's reports, her caramel orbs relaxed slightly but they remained incomprehensible.

"Good work everyone. The immediate danger has passed, but the Akatsuki still remains... Do not let down your guard" she said strictly. The room full of ninjas only nodded, Shikamaru being in the middle while the rest of them looked exhausted. Naruto stood beside Sakura, holding onto his right hand and my wife was almost on top of me, leaning as far as she could to avoid putting pressure on her lower body. "Naruto, those wounds are...?"

"Yeah, my badge of honor" the young boy meekly said, albeit he held a smile.

"And what about yours. Y/N? That a badge of honor too?"

"One of shame, actually" unlike the knucklehead ninja, my wife grumbled looking at her wound. I could sense that her pride was suffering seeing shinobis younger than her sustain less injuries and also, she was the one who lost consciousness and had to be carried back home.

"We did some emergency treatment. Y/N-san's bleeding has stopped and I see no other complications but..." Sakura's eyes glistened with worry as she peeked at Naruto's severely bruised hand. The whole room grew eerily quiet as Tsunade-sama quietly observed the boy's mutilated hand, especially the right hand that seemed, even to me, unnervingly beaten with tiny red and purple blotches spreading throughout the entire length. Shizune didn't have a worried expression but just like her master, she was studying Naruto's hands and I grew more suspicious when none of them came up with an immediate conclusion over what they were seeing.

"Just in case, get it checked thoroughly at the Leaf Hospital"

"Nah, I don't need ~" Naruto objected to Tsunade-sama but before anyone could insist, Sakura's fist collided with the back of his head. She angrily head-locked the exhausted young man and rendered him immobile.

"Yes, you do! Don't worry, master" she sweetly smiled, "I'll take full responsibility and take him there. Got it, Naruto?"

"Yes! Yes"