CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR

Kakashi's P.O.V 

I looked at Y/N's sleeping form, lying on the bed with her chest rising up and down in slow gentle rhythms. Her hair was tied to a bun, revealing those soft cheeks that slightly turned crimson from being squashed against my body. Last night after the small argument, Y/N remained upset with me for trying to trigger a memory. She was stubborn at initiating conversations but I was persistent. We, specifically myself, talked about great shinobi war stories and the best places to find desserts throughout the entire village. My wife barely paid any heed to me and when the lights were turned off with darkness consuming us, she inched her way to my bare chest and pressed herself close. I had hugged her back, tenderly placing kisses across her face, her nose and skimming my lips teasingly above hers to finally seal them together. At the very end, I was forgiven although, my own sanity remained at war. I had to find out just what the hell was taking place behind my back.

Leaving her all alone at the house seemed atrocious. I wanted to spend much more time with the sleepy girl, albeit I would have only gawked at her visage or tried kissing her awake, because marital bliss was gnawing its way back in me. I wanted to be a husband to Y/N and not a boyfriend. Even so, I had been tasked with great responsibility and I needed to see it through. Nearing Ichiraku Ramen shop, I noticed three pairs of feet dangling below the stools. I prepared myself to greet the rambunctious team but the loud yells left me perplexed. Sakura was sitting close to Naruto who was now protesting Sai from feeding him.

"Yo..." I announced my presence to the group but none of them seemed to care about their beloved sensei.

"Not 'what'!" the bright-haired boy screamed at Sai furiously.

"Huh..."

"What's going on?" intrigued by the turn of events, I asked the group about their peculiar setting. First of all, Sakura was voluntarily sitting close to Naruto and second of all, Sai had his chopsticks almost penetrating Naruto's lips as the boy shook his head away from the touch.

"Just when Sakura-chan was about to feed me!" his blue eyes widened, pushing the obsidian-haired boy away from him. Sai truly looked confused by Naruto's outrageous behavior.

"When a friend is in trouble, you must help him. That's what a true friend does according to this book"

"Never mind reading books like that. Just read the situation, will you?" Naruto looked irritated. I opened my mouth to intercept but my eyes caught someone else staring at me. I lifted my head straight to find a pair of chocolate brown eyes, her cheeks were nothing short of two round peaches that turned a darker shade as I acknowledged her.

Ayame was stunned to have seen me alone after Y/N's arrival and I could sense her trouble in composing herself. Despite the obvious signs, I feigned being oblivious to her reactions. She had always remained polite and hospitable, regardless of her odd little fascination with me, Ayame had always respected my boundaries unlike other women. I had never talked to her outside of this food stall, and she never tried reaching out to me aside from being a professional server. It was a fresh breath of air to find someone who liked you, romantically, but upon seeing clear indications of not reciprocating the feeling, decided to just remain courteous. This had been the only reason why I stayed comfortable in visiting the ramen stall even though, Y/N did object to me coming here alone. Technically, I never did come here by myself after she furiously told me to stop letting women fawn over me. She was pregnant with our twins at that time and anything could trigger her insecurities; I still didn't want to take any risks with her temper.

"How can I read something that I cannot see?" Sai objected to his teammate.

"Ah! You're such a pain!"