Шесть (6)

James, Sirius and Peter were sitting together at lunch, planning a prank on Katia. They had decided that they'd put a large bucket with mud right above the door to the Great Hall, charming it to tip over only when Katia Yakushkina stepped through it. What they didn't realise was the fact that they were being incredibly loud.

Lily who had just arrived at the Gryffindor table from her Ancient runes lesson didn't like their plan one bit. The girl hadn't even attended Hogwarts for a day and they already wanted to make her life miserable. The redhead was not going to let that happen.

She sat down a few seats from them and decided to listen in on their plan. Once she knew of every single detail and had finished her lunch, she stood up and made her way towards the Slytherin table where she hoped to find Katia. But the girl wasn't there. Instead she walked towards Regulus Black who she had seen sitting with the Russian at breakfast.

"Black!"

The boy turned his head and scowled lightly.

"Evans."

"Where's Katia? I need to talk to her."

Regulus contemplated if he should tell her, he didn't know what the Gryffindor's intentions were, but before he could make up his mind, Evan had already answered the girl.

"She's sat at the Ravenclaw table with Smith."

"Thank you, Rosier," Lily nodded appreciatively and walked away.

Katia was indeed sitting with Pandora at the Ravenclaw table.

"Hey, Katia," the redhead greeted, "what's your next lesson?"

"Um, I'm not sure," she told her mid bite and took out her time table from her bag, "History of Magic."

"Good luck with that, those lessons are dreadfully boring. Would you like me to walk you there?"

The Slytherin girl looked down at her plate, she hadn't finished her lunch yet, but nodded slowly and started to rise from her seat.

"Oh no, you can finish eating, of course!" Lily told the girl, sitting down next to her and pouring herself a cup of pumpkin juice.

Katia felt incredibly uncomfortable at that moment, she felt as though she was being a burden to the Gryffindor, even though it had been her that suggested walking her to the classroom. She ate as quickly as she could and rose from her seat once she was finished.

Lily gave her a smile and bid Pandora goodbye as the two made their way out of the hall. She looked behind them to see the Marauders still at the table. The second they were out of the hall she took Katia's arm and pulled her closer.

"I just wanted to let you know that Potter and his bunch are planning on pranking you at dinner. They have a hatred towards Slytherins and simply cannot seem to let go of it," she spat rather venomously. "They'll be putting a bucket filled with mud over the entrance to the Great Hall and charm it so it will only empty once you walk in."

Katia looked quite surprised. She supposed that she hadn't acted the nicest towards them on the train, but she had not expected them to retaliate because of that. She thanked Lily for telling her and slipped inside the classroom.

She was glad that Lily had decided to warn her and made a note to herself to not let it go unnoticed. Now she just had to figure out how to not get drenched in mud.

Lily had been right, History of Magic truly was dreadfully boring. Almost the whole class was sleeping during it and their Professor was none the wiser. There were only a few people awake, most of them writing notes about whatever Binns was rambling about, but Katia was still thinking.

She was thinking in her next lesson which was Care of Magical Creatures as well, but it was significantly harder because of the three boys that had decided to prank her. They would not stop laughing and staring at her throughout the whole lesson. Honestly, even if Lily hadn't said anything to her, she would have figured out that they had something planned, they weren't exactly subtle.

It was even worse in DADA, they clearly could not contain their excitement. But it didn't bother Katia anymore, because she had come up with an idea on how to get back at them.

At first she had thought that all four of the group were involved in the prank and therefore wanted to make it backfire on all of them, but she had soon realised that Remus Lupin didn't seem to know anything about it. He hadn't been laughing with them in Care of Magical Creatures, just looked at them weirdly and confusedly. And he was sitting with her in DADA without any resentment towards her, he even tried to talk to her during the lesson.

It seemed to have been concocted only by the other three.

So when she walked towards the Great Hall, she had decided to save Remus Lupin from the backfire of the prank.

Before walking in, she swished her wand twice at the top of the doors where she could see a large bucket. First, to take off the enchantment that the boys had put on and then to make it fall on only the three of them.

Then she walked into the hall, looking towards the boys from the corner of her eye and seeing them slump and whisper to each other. Clearly, they were confused as to what had gone wrong.

She sat down next to Evan Rosier and across from Regulus feeling satisfied with herself and waiting for the moment that the boys would get up and walk out of the hall.

Once she saw the group stand, she couldn't help, but smile in anticipation. And just as she knew would happen, the moment they stepped through the double doors, the bucket tipped over and three of the four were completely covered in mud.

"What in the name of Merlin?!" Screamed Sirius Black and turned towards his friend. "What did you do, James?!"

"Nothing! I don't know why it did that!"

"So much for your charms being good!" The first one shouted.

Remus Lupin was watching his friends, trying to contain his laugh when he saw a figure walking past him in Slytherin robes. He caught her smirk and that's when his laugh slipped out.

Clearly the boys had not listened to him and had still decided to prank the new girl, but it seemed that she had a few tricks of her own.

It would certainly be an interesting year.

Those guys deserved it. I kind of want to start a sort of prank war between them now tbh.