Chapter II

No one's pov:

You sat up as you were awake.
You looked to the window behind you to see it was still dark out. Picking up your phone you saw it was currently 3:46 in the morning.

You mentally groaned as you didn't have the energy to actually. You'd done this before. When you lived with your parents you would randomly wake up during the night, which wasn't very good for your sleep.

Nothing could really stop it so you just kinda learned to live with it. You set your phone down laying back on the mattress, and drifting off for the second time.

~Morning~

"Y/n! Time to get up!"
"Wuh-huh?" You get up again.
Jake called out to you.
Groggily got up and got dressed, grabbing your phone and heading to the kitchen.

"Are your parents home now?"
"They actually left awhile ago. They told me to say hi, and to also not let you sleep to long."

"What one time is it?" You asked. "12:00" "oh"
"Yea I figured that you'd been sleeping long enough."

"Thanks" "no problem" Jake said with a smile. "When are you're parents gonna be back?"
"Probably, 6 or 7"
"Alright."

"So did you tell your parents about me staying here?" "Mhm, there were okay with it, they actually seemed pretty happy about, heh."

"That's how I know they're your, parents." You said returning the smile.

"I'm making some eggs if you want some." "Okay, I'm gonna go back to my room."
"Sounds good"

You went back into your room, unplugging the lamp. And flopped onto your bed/mattress. "Ow" you groaned.
"Let's not do that again." You said to yourself.

You sat up and unzipped your backpack. Grabbing you headphones you turned them on and put on one of your favorite songs. You hummed/sung to it, feeling pretty good.

~a few minutes later~
"Foods ready!"
You pulled your headphones to your shoulders, and got up.
"Smells good." You said.
"Thanks, hopefully they taste as good as they smell." Jake replied.

"I'm sure they will." You replied with a smile. Jake set a plate on the table, you sat down ready to eat.  You took a bite.
"Mmmm~ tastes good" you said with your mouth full.

"Glad you think so" Jake said.
Jake also grabbed a plate of eggs setting it on the table.
He sat down next to you pulling out his phone.

You ate for a bit enjoying your food, and then an idea struck you. "What if I got at job?"
"A job? Why?" Asked Jake.

"Well you have one don't you?"
"Yea, but that's just to help mom and dad pay for the house, and also so I can buy my own at some point."

"Well maybe I could get a job, I could pay your parents for allowing me to stay here."
"That's kind y/n but you don't have to"

"Well Im gonna anyway, and besides I can't stay here forever I need to be able to live in my own house at some point."
"Alright then"
Nodded Jake.

"I think I saw in the newspaper that there was a job listing"
"You read the news?"

"No, but my dad does and I happen to see it in the paper."
"Hm, what was the job?"

"Well you remember Freddy's?
"Yea"
"Well, their hiring now for someone to work at the pizzeria. They reopened."

"What do you get to do there?"
"Well if I remember correctly you could have either the nightshift or the day shift.
If I were you I'd choose the dayshift. Anyways, for the dayshift you could watch the kids and make sure no one y'know "dies" and if you were gonna do the nightshift, then you'd have to stay after hours until 6 and watch the pizzeria to make sure no one breaks in, basically nighttime security."

"Sounds fun" you replied.
"Meh, I don't really care for it, but you can go for it. My dad still has the newspaper if you want the job."

"Okay"
"I'll go grab it"
You waited patiently before Jake eventually returned.
He handed you the newspaper.

"Hmm"

"The pay looks good, and who knows maybe it'll be fun?"

"Go for it"

You took out your phone heading to your room whilst also dialing the number. "I'll be in my room if you need me."

"Okay" replied Jake.

"Hello?"
"Hi! I was told that you're hiring and I was curious if I could get the job?"

"Oh! Sure! Yes! Someone's currently working the dayshift, so how you would you feel about the nightshift?"

"Yea that's fine."
You replied.

"Great! You can start tomorrow. Come at 12:00."

"Okay, thank you."

You hung up the phone.
"I'm gonna have a job!"
You told yourself excitedly.

You went back into the dining room/living room.

"Jake I got the job!"
"Awesome!" Jake replied enthusiastically. "Im excited."

"That's good, always good to have a positive attitude. What time do you go?"

"12:00 am"
"Yeesh, you sure that's the kind of job you want?"

"Yep. Besides I barley get sleep anyway."
"Alright then."

'I wonder what's in store for this new job?"

[end]

Hello!
Sorry this chapter took so long to get out and that it's not as long as the first one. I've been procrastinating and also a little busy with life. But anyways aside from that I'm enjoying this book so far and I hope you are to. See ya!

-Glass