Prologue

It was a normal sunny afternoon in the US. Nina was sitting on her bed, reading a book she had read many times before. However, her mind was elsewhere. Earlier that day she had found a dusty box under her bed while she was tidying her room. It was labelled house of Anubis in big fancy letters.

She looked inside and found a stack of pictures. She flipped through them, reminiscing on all the good and bad memories she had had there. She missed them all very much, even joy who she hadn't really gotten along with in her last year there. She wished she could go back but she knew the chosen one and the Osirian could never be near each other. Still, she felt herself getting lonely with only her gran to keep her company.

Sighing, she got off the bed, decided that she should get out and do something. She remembered that Amber was supposed to be coming down this weekend to visit. She picked up her phone from her bedside table and quickly dialled her best friends number. After a few rings Amber picked up the phone.

"Hey neens what's up?" She questioned,
"I just wanted to check that you were still coming down this weekend. I thought that we could grab a coffee and catch up?" Nina replied, hoping she said yes.
"Of course! I would love to see you again," exclaimed Amber.
"Me too, it will be great!" Nina said, the excitement evident in her voice.
"Do you mind if I invite KT, it would be great for you two to finally meet?" Amber questioned, hoping she would be able to see her other friend too.
"Of course she can come! I can't wait to meet her," she said, looking forward to the weekend.
"Okay," said Amber,"See you on Saturday,"
"Bye, see you later."

Nina ended the phone call, feeling happy that she was seeing her best friend again. She went back to her book and found it much more easy to concentrate on it. She finished that book later that evening and went to bed, looking forward to the events ahead.