Reunions

Nina's pov:
I woke up early on August the first; the sun was only just starting to rise. I was excited and incredibly nervous for the day. I was going back to Anubis house, the place I used to call home. I was going to see him again.

I was getting to the airport for five 0'clock as my flight was at half seven. I was planning on meeting amber and KT at the airport and getting on the same flight, we had arranged it last week.

I got out of bed, feeling incredibly tired. I was definitely going to sleep on the plane. I had picked out my outfit already as I had packed my suitcase last night. I slipped on my joggers and a hoodie, wanting to be comfortable for my long flight.

By the time I had eaten breakfast, checked that I had everything and said goodbye to gran, it was four 0'clock when I finally hurried out the door.
_____________________________________________time skip_____________
It was ten to five when I arrived at the airport. It was packed with people getting on flights and coming off of  them. It was the beginning of summer, so I had already expected it to be like this.

I was supposed to meet amber and KT by the entrance, we were going to wait in line together to drop off our bags and then go through security together. I stood to the side of the entrance, hoping I didn't get in anyone's way.

After a few minutes, I spotted my two friends walking towards the airport entrance. Amber was dragging at least five suitcases on a big trolly whereas KT only had a suitcase and a backpack, like me.

"Neens!" Amber exclaimed when she spotted me.
"Hi Nina," said KT, walking over to me with amber.
"Hey guys," I said with a smile on my face. We step into the long line for people checking  their bags in.
"Amber why do you have so many suitcase, we're only going for the summer?" I questioned.
"You can never have too many clothes,...or shoes," amber defended.

~time skip~

We had just finished getting through security (which was incredibly busy) and it was nearly time for us to board our plane. I hoped we wouldn't be late, that was always a fear of mine.

I looked up at the big board showing the flight times and where the gates were. They were kind of hard to read from where I was standing but, fortunately, I could see our flight on the screen, we were gate nine. I told amber and KT and we headed towards it, manoeuvre through the crowds of people.

~time skip~

Me, amber and KT walked down the small aisle towards our seats. We were near the middle of the plane, on a three. We all got settled in our seats (me in the middle, KT by the aisle and amber by the window) and waited for the airplane to start to take off. I sucked on sweets so that my ears wouldn't pop, I always hated when that happened.

The announcement over the intercom warns me that we will be taking off. I eat some more of my hard sweets and get out my book that I'm reading, knowing it's going to be a long flight.

~time skip~

We touch down at around half five. It was nearly dinner time and I was hungry, the airplane food was horrible, like always.

We walked through the busy airport to grab our suitcases from the baggage reclaim area (it took a while for all of Amber's luggage to come through) and go back through the busy security.

We haled down a taxi and climbed onto the black, leather seats. The engine started and we began our half an hour drive to the school. I felt like I could leap through the air I was so excited. It felt like I had been away from this place for an eternity.

The taxi stopped outside the house and me, Amber and KT all hurriedly got out. We collected our suitcases from the boot and the driver drove off.

I stared up at the building that towered over us. It looks the exact same as when I last saw it, beside the fact that it was decaying in some places. I still couldn't believe I was actually here, in Liverpool.

The three of us grin at each other and walk up towards the big wooden doors. KT pushed it open and I step into the hallway filled with lots of suitcases. The others must already be here.

As we walk into the living room, brushing past the many suitcases, I am able to hear the sound of laughter and people chatting. Everyone is either sat on sofas and chairs or standing. They all look like they are having a great time and they haven't noticed us entering the room.

Patricia is the first one to notice us standing by the door.
"Omg, Nina!" She says, surprised to see me. She walks over and gives me a hug. Nearly everyone in the room looks over at us. They all look happy to see us. I notice Mick in the crowd and make a mental note to ask how Australia's going. I also see a girl who is smiling widely and talking to Alfie. I guess that she is willow, Alfie's new girlfriend.

Amber told me about her. I'm sad that amfie's not a thing anymore but I'm happy that Alfie found someone.

That when I notice Fabian, talking and smiling with Mara in the corner. A small smile forms on my lips. I watch as they lean down and kiss each other. I can feel the smile slowly slip from my face. I swallow the lump in my throat, willing myself not to cry.

He moved on.