The conversation

Italics = thoughts

Nina's pov:
Fabian looks up and spots me watching them, with a frown on my face. He wears a guilty expression on his face which makes me feel really bad. He shouldn't be feeling this way, he hasn't done anything wrong. I told him to move on and that's just what he did. As much as I want to be, I can't be mad. Quickly I look away, hoping he didn't notice me.

I manage an uneasy smile as he excuses himself and heads in my direction. Although I'm not sure I'm going to be able to face him. Not yet. However, before I can make a hasty retreat, he is already in front of me.  He smiles at me and I feel a little less nervous. God, how I've missed that smile.

"Hey," he says with a small smile.
"Hi," I reply, already wanted this conversation to be over.
"I was wondering if I could speak to you outside for a minute?" He asks.
"Sure," I reply, curious as to what is so important that he couldn't say it in here.

Slipping outside was easy, nobody noticed us leaving; if they did, they didn't say anything. We walk side by side down the steps, stopping at the bottom. Looking at him closely, I noticed how he has a permanent frown on his face and is playing with his hands a lot. Strangely, he seems to be preparing himself for this conversation. I'm growing more nervous by the second. Does he wish I never came back?

Buried in my own thoughts, I don't notice that Fabian has started to talk.
"So, how have you been? How's your gran?" He asks. I grow a tad annoyed that he is making small talk though deep down I know I love that he still cares. However, I know this isn't why we're out here. I play along anyway.
"I'm good. Gran's doing much better thanks," I reply. "How have you been?"
"Good"

There is a moment of awkward silence. I can't stand it, we used to be so close that we could fill that silence. After a moment, I ask him the question that's on my mind, "Why are we really out here? What did you want to talk to me about?"

Fabian hesitates for a second and I question whether I should have asked at all.
"I want you to know that I'm sorry you found out about me and Mara that way, I should have told you sooner," he says. He has an anxious look on his face and keeps biting his nails.
"Honestly Fabian, it's fine," I reassure him,
" I'm just glad that you found someone that makes you feel happy."

'Even if it isn't me'
________________________________

I'm sorry I haven't posted a lot and this isn't an excuse but I'm really tired and school just started again. I promise I will try to update more chapters soon.

Ps- sorry this chapters so short x