𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞: a typical sunday night

𝐀 𝐓𝐘𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

⋆୨୧ ₊゚🧸 ⊹ɞ 🍯

IT WAS A REGULAR SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE WHEELER HOUSE. Siblings, Nancy and Mike Wheeler always had their friends over on weekends and this was a pretty boring weekend but they had them over anyway.

Donna Jo (or who liked to be called 'DJ') Henderson and her little brother, Dustin, had been over at the house, along with Mike's other friends, Lucas and Will.

While Mike and his friends had played Dungeons & Dragons in the basement, DJ had been in Nancy's room, scoping through magazines and talking to their friend, Barbara Holland (who had been on the phone). DJ was off-duty from babysitting the boys since that was basically her job whenever she was over at the Wheeler house — and practically, her job in general.

The girls had just been talking when the topic of Steve Harrington had come up. Nancy had currently been going steady with the boy — though many times she likes to deny it. "I don't know how many times I have to say it but there's nothing going on between us!" DJ could tell that Barb was making a face over the phone, the same face she was currently making towards Nancy, in fact.

"'Nothing going on'?" DJ inquired as she raised her eyebrows and shook her head. "I'm telling the truth." Nancy told and DJ chuckled to herself and then flipped through the magazine in her hand. "Ooh, Matt Dillon." DJ smirked. "Okay, don't drool on my magazines please." Nancy chuckled to the girl.

"Do you think he likes you?" Barb asked through the phone, still on the subject of Steve. Nancy shrugs and talks to Barb. "No, I don't think he does. I just think that he thinks of me as Lauren... or Beth... or Amy. And I'm nothing like them." Nancy told. "Of course you're not, Nance. I'm sure he doesn't look at you that way." DJ told.
Nancy shrugged once more. "It's just... I don't know. I don't want him to think that I'm just another one of his conquests."

DJ closed the magazine in front of her. "Well, it seems like he really cares. And he's cute, that's a plus! I'd say go for it... or make the first move."

Even though DJ had liked Steve secretly, she was still supportive of his and Nancy's fling. She wasn't gonna be one of those bitchy friends that was gonna take control of their relationship because she liked him. DJ wasn't like that. She wasn't gonna jeopardize her friendship with Nancy because of a boy. And she had planned to never let Nancy find out about the crush, it would probably ruin their friendship. And DJ didn't want to ruin said friendship in any way. So, the crush remained a secret with only a select few people knowing.

Nancy nods, "Yeah, he is cute and maybe he is looking for something serious?" She guesses.

DJ then looks up noticing a figure in the door and she made it out to be her little brother, Dustin. He's holding a pizza box in his hand and looks like he's been trying to get their attention for a minute now. "Hey, Nancy, Deej. There's two slices left if you want them. Sausage and pepperoni!"

"The game over?" DJ asked her little brother and he nodded, "Mrs. Wheeler said that we should head back home before nine." DJ stands up and stretches. "Okay, I'll be out there in a sec." Dustin nods at his sister and heads downstairs.

DJ gets her shoes and jacket on. "Tell Barb that I'll see her tomorrow. Bye, Nance." She says, heading out of her room. "See ya." Nancy tells.

The Henderson girl gets downstairs and spots Mrs. Wheeler doing the dishes. "Bye, Mrs. Wheeler." DJ smiles at the woman politely. "Bye, DJ. We'll see you soon, say hi to your mother for me." Karen tells the girl and DJ nods, "Will do."

She grabs her keys out of her pocket and and heads on out through the garage. She had seen Dustin next to her car, her '67 Chevy Impala. DJ had gotten her license just two months ago and with her babysitting money that she had saved up, she had bought the car and was pretty proud of it. She kept it in great shape and made sure no one had a drink or food in her car at all. She was pretty protective of the car. And it seemed that she was gonna be that way forever, based on the good condition of it.

She unlocked the car and entered in the driver's seat as Dustin was in the passenger's seat. "Bye, guys." DJ waved at Lucas, Mike and Will at the driveway. "Bye." Lucas waves at the girl, as does Will.

"You sure you guys don't want a ride home? I don't mind giving you guys a ride." DJ insisted as she started the car. Lucas was the first to decline, "No, I'm okay, but thanks anyway." He told, riding off.

DJ looks at the remaining boy on his bike. "What about you, Will? I could give you a ride. I know you live pretty far out." She tells, but Will shakes his head as well. "Nah, I'm okay. I'll ride my bike home. Thank you, though." Will tells.

"Okay, well, stay safe. Bye, guys." DJ had started her car and began to drive off back home. She looked over at Dustin. "So, how was the campaign tonight?" She asked.

Dustin looks at his sister. "Hours and hours long and we didn't even win. The demogorgon got Will so we lost." Dustin explained in a simple way. "Well, that sucks." DJ said, keeping her eyes on the road.

The two were left in silence when Dustin had spoken up. "Do you think Krispy Kreme is open?" He asks. "No, but if it was, you'd be finding another ride." DJ told.

"Please, Deej, please. I'll do your homework for a week, please!" Dustin begged his sister to get him Krispy Kreme donuts. DJ sighed, giving into his puppy eyes. "Fine, fine, whatever. You and your dumb puppy eyes."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are the best sister ever!" Dustin told. "Yeah, yeah, don't thank me now."

and that was the prologue!!!thank you for reading!i hope you guys enjoyed that!-mya </3

thank you for reading!
i hope you guys enjoyed that!
-mya </3