𝐨𝐧𝐞: will byers is missing

𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐘𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆

⋆୨୧ ₊゚🧸 ⊹ɞ 🍯

         DJ HENDERSON HAD DRIVEN HERSELF AND NANCY TO SCHOOL WHILE DUSTIN HAD RODE HIS BIKE. DJ was a sophomore, alongside Nancy and Barb. Being a sophomore was definitely not the highlight of high school, but at least she could start driving now — which she had been doing for a while because of the early birthday she had at the beginning of August.

As soon as DJ and Nancy walked through those doors of the school, Barb had met up with the two, already at the entrance of the school.

"So, did he call?" Barb started the conversation as soon as she approached the two. Nancy shushes the girl. "Keep your voice down." She mutters. "Well, did he?" Barb asks and DJ chuckles as they walk over to Nancy's locker.

Nancy shakes her head, "I told you, it's not like that. Okay, I mean, yes, he likes me, but not like that. We just... made out a couple times." She says as she opens her locker.

"'We just... made out a couple times.'" Barb mocks playfully. "Nance, seriously, you're gonna be so cool now, it's ridiculous." Barb added. "No, I'm not." Nancy doubts, getting the combo to her locker open.

"Dude, you're going out with Steve "The Hair" Harrington. Just standing next to him is popularity enough." DJ told. "You better still hang out with DJ and I, that's all I'm saying." Barb tells Nancy as she opens up her locker. "Yeah, if you're with Steve, you're gonna have to become friends with Tommy H. and Carol—" DJ is interrupted by Nancy. "Oh, that's gross!"

It had been known that Tommy and Carol had been screwing each other since the seventh grade and DJ didn't like the couple at all. They had bullied her all of seventh grade and they were the biggest pair of assholes — it was like they were meant for each other. And she would always be nervous when standing near them — in hopes they wouldn't make fun of her at all.

"Okay, I'm telling you, it was a one-time..." Barb and DJ both give Nancy a look, both raising their eyebrows.

Nancy gave in. "Two-time thing." She admitted.

The Wheeler girl had looked at the bottom of her locker to see a note was dropped through one of the slits of the locker. She smiled as she unfolded it and DJ and Barb saw that it had been from Steve.

       "Speak of the devil." DJ comments, looking at the note. The note had said: 'Meet Me. Bathroom. -Steve'. She hides her disappointment in her face and she looks at the note in Nancy's hand. She was just glad that she was able to hide her emotions well in front of her friends.