1

Ben and Miranda had full custody over Pru. She, Ben, and Miranda were all a happy family including Tuck and Joey. Everything was smooth sailing until there was a knock at the Warren and Bailey residence.

"Hi, how may I help you?" Miranda questioned, holding Pru on her hip. It was a woman, maybe in her middle or early thirties. Brown hair, and is just a tad bit taller than Miranda.

Her eyes swept from Pru to Miranda. "Hi, I'm-

"Hold on just a second." Miranda held up her finger.

"Benjamin!" She walked away from the door.

"Yes, baby?!"

"Come get your daughter!" Ben merged from the stairs and walked into the living room grabbing Pru.

"Who's at the door?"

"I don't know, have to see." He nodded and walked back upstairs.

"I'm sorry about that." She said walking back over to the door.

"Hi, I'm JJ Lau, I'm here looking for my daughter." Miranda's eyes widened and she couldn't quite make up any words.

"Excuse me....miss?" She waved her hand in front of Miranda's face.

"Oh..um uhh I'm sorry." She shook out her daze. This was awkward. "Uh ok, you can come in." She moved over and JJ entered.

"Can I get you anything to drink?"

"No thank you, I'm just here to get my daughter." Miranda's head jerked. She must be out of her mind if she thinks she can walk up into her house and take her baby.

"Excuse me?"

"Ok let me put this in a way you will understand. Cause obviously you aren't understanding the words coming out my mouth." She cleared her throat. "I am Pru's REAL mother YOU are not. You were just her temporary guardian and now your time is up. I WILL be leaving this house with my daughter."

"Not when I have full custody over her you won't." Miranda crossed her arms over her chest.

"If we have to get lawyers involved, we can."

"So be it." JJ stood up and got into Miranda's face. This was one hell of a stare-off. Not one of them blinked once.

"Babe, where- Miranda?" Ben confusingly watched as his wife and stranger stared each other down. Although the woman was a stranger, she looked familiar.

"Miranda, baby, who is this?"

"JJ Lau." She tossed, not moving a muscle.

"As in-

"As in Pru's biological mom, yes."

"Ok, this is getting weird." He set Pru down and sweetly dismissed her to her room. He watched as she scurried away holding her bunny. He marched over to his wife and JJ, pulling Miranda back before anything started.

"My lawyer will be in touch." She grabbed her purse off the lounging chair and exited the house.

"Oh god." The touch exterior Miranda had put up quickly disappeared.

"What are we going to do? What if we lose her? Ben, I can't lose another baby girl." He could already see the tears five minutes from now.

"We will do everything in our power to keep her here with us, that's what we will do. It's going to be ok." He pulled her into a comforting hug.

"Go! Get the scans and get them fast!" Miranda shooed the intern. She walked down the hall until she was pulled into an on-call room.

"What the hell?"