Comfort where it isn't meant to be

They didn't come. They didn't come for him. Not his brothers, not his friends, not even ice cream kitty.

Instead, he did.

They were sworn mortal enemies, ever since birth, it was in their blood. Father down to sons, grudges and enemies provided, handed to you on a silver platter.

So why was it him that was there for comfort, and not his own family?

Michelangelo was drugged. It was the only reasonable explanation he could have come up with when he awoke in the arms of the Shredder. Truthfully, he wasn't in his arms, he was slung over the shoulder in a painfully brutal way, and Mikey could feel the sharp spikes dig into his skin. He bit his lip to hide any sound of pain that escaped his mouth but a whine reluctantly slipped through. He was still very drowsy, the drug still in his system. All he wanted to do was just to lie down and enter the dreamland once more. But didn't Raph say something about "being right there?"

Where was he then?

"They let you go, disgusting turtle."

Mikey felt himself freeze up. Shredder was talking to him. He knew he was awake. Mikey couldn't find the strength in him to lift his head.

"W-What?" He said, the words coming across quite blurred. He felt disoriented. What was Shredder talking about?

In the corner of his eye, he saw a flash of orange, or was it red? Then a growl emerged from his side and Mikey blinked. It seems like Tigerclaw was there too. Was it he who drugged him? Mikey was getting tired.

The Shredder sighed and the utter stupidity.

"Your brothers. They let you go. They do not want you."

Mikey felt himself go cold for what seemed to be the fourth time that night.

"N-No! You're wrong! You kidnapped-no- TURTLENAPPED ME!!" Mikey struggled weakly in his enemy's hold. He heard the Shredder call for Tigerclaw and suddenly he was being turned upright and all of a sudden, Mikey was pressed against something warm and fuzzy and annoyingly comfortable.

Mikey stopped struggling.

He was so so tired. Just for a few minutes, a short nap wouldn't hurt anyone, right?

He heard a soft grumble from above him before he realized Tigerclaw was purring. The sound was so very soothing, and Mikey felt himself sink deeper into this warm haven.

"That's it, little turtle," a voice cooed at him, but Mikey didn't know whether it was the mutant tiger or Shredder himself. Or maybe it was someone new, it was getting hard to tell.

He snuggled in deeper to the warm feeling and finally, let his eyes close.

His brothers had everything under control.

He wonders what's for dinner?