Schooled

Metropolis; August 3rd; 7:38 EDT

A school bus is traveling on a bridge, filled with children on their way to school, when, the concrete begins to crumble and two of the support cables fall into their path. Knowing he can't drive over them the driver slams on the break. Turning the bus so it hits the divider and comes to a full stop.

A moving truck behind them couldn't stop fast enough, and as they jerk away from the bus, they don't fully collide but do nick the back of it to nudge them through the divider and closer to the edge. While they and a small car crash into the opposing divider. A red car continues to speed, unaware until they crash into the back corner of the bus. Knocking it through the wall on the outside of the bridge and destroying their engine compartment.

The bus teeters dangerously in its middle, threatening to fall into the river below.

From a high room in a Wayne Tech building, Bruce Wayne can see the situation. Moving to his desk he tips back the head on an Alfred bust.

 Moving to his desk he tips back the head on an Alfred bust

Revealing a red button. He presses to reveal a hidden drawer with his Batman costume. Though he doesn't grab it as he hears a sonic boom go off.

Turning he finds Superman flying towards the bridge.

He flies past the bus and instead goes under the bridge to support the crumbling portion. Then using his heat vision to mend the cracked horizontal supports.

Superboy jumps from tower to tower on the bridge with ease, getting himself closer to the accident. Then landing on the deck without even denting the concrete.

Though below him Superman feels the sudden strain on the area he's keeping up.

Superboy, seemingly unaware, runs to get the white car away from the edge where they too crashed through the wall. Picking up the car on its back bumper with a cry and turning it a full 180° to place it back in the lanes.

All of which Bruce is observing from his Tower with high-power binoculars.

The bus trips further over the edge, causing the kids inside to scream in fear, but he grabs the rear bumper of the bus, his combat boots trying to find purchase and he holds the bus, so it won't fall over the edge. Even managing to pull it back, though his ground teeth and battle cries prove how hard this is for the clone.

 Even managing to pull it back, though his ground teeth and battle cries prove how hard this is for the clone