Chapter 3: The Mario Party

Mario's point of view (earlier in the day)

Mammamia... I was very worried about my brother. I didn't know what was wrong with him. What I did know was that he wasn't normal. For two days, he hardly came out of his room, ate very little, and never had a smile... Even a good plate of spaghetti didn't make him happy! He looked like he was sick with a fever but... it wasn't that. He looked rather... sad. He wasn't laughing at anything anymore and he wasn't smiling at all...

{FLASHBACK}

We organized a Mario Party in teams of two. Each of the participants was in a duo with someone else. Here are the teams we had at the party: me and Peach, Luigi and (Y/N), Daisy and Rosalina, Yoshi and Birdo, Toad and Toadette and...grrr...Wario and Waluigi. We competed in friendly mini-games to win the prize of a beautiful golden trophy. The party was going well. Of course, we always had to try to keep an eye on Wario and Waluigi who were always trying to cheat. During the party, for a few moments, I noticed that Luigi was acting a bit strange with (Y/N). Nah, nothing wrong but he was secretly trying to take her hand... Hihi, it looked like me when Peach was by my side, at the beginning of our love. Speaking of love, I was sure Luigi had a thing for (Y/N). Just by the way he looked at her and acted... But hey. The final ranking of the party went like this: In 6th place... Wario and Waluigi. Good for them! In 5th place...Yoshi and Birdo! In 4th position... Daisy and Rosalina! In 3rd place... Toad and Toadette! In 2nd place... Me and Peach! And in 1st place... Luigi and (Y/N)!!! I was happy for them because they had never won a Mario Party before! Luigi, with a burst of joy, was hugging (Y/N).

''We did it, (Y/N)!!!'' he exclaimed, very happy.

''Yes Luigi! We won!" cried (Y/N), almost in tears.

I left them alone for a while because there was a delicious buffet. I couldn't resist taking a piece of cake! But it was then that I regretted leaving the winners alone... I noticed Luigi with a terrified look who was leaning on (Y/N) against a wall who wanted to get out of the way...It was then that I noticed two other silhouettes that I recognized well. Wario and Waluigi! Shocked, I swallowed the piece of cake and went to see what was going on.

''If you like her, greenery, why don't you want to kiss her?" squeaked Waluigi's voice as he forcefully held Luigi near (Y/N).

''Wha ha ha! Kiss her and we'll let you have the trophy!" sneered Wario, who prevented (Y/N) from running away.

''Help..." said poor (Y/N).

''Eeeeeeh you! Let them go!'' I intervened.

Waluigi released Luigi who collapsed from exhaustion on (Y/N).

''You, the red one, don't interfere!'' shouted Waluigi.

"I won't let you hurt my friends, you big bullies!''

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that (Y/N) was pushing Luigi a little hard and running away. Wario looked at her and added wickedly:

''Wah ha ha! Anyway, you losers lost!''

Feeling my anger rising, Waluigi hurried to take the trophy and ran away with it. Wario followed him. I didn't care. My gaze went to my brother. He was... crying... When I approached him, he got up and ran towards our house... and never came out since... By the way, the last thing I remembered was a Toad telling me that our friend (Y/N) hit her head on a pole while running away....

{ END OF FLASHBACK}

It was since that night that Luigi was no longer himself...