Chapter 7 [FINAL!]: You are HIS joy...

(We remember that Luigi must improvise something to remedy the theft of the trophy...) (We are still in his point of view)

"Uh... actually... I..."

"No, don't tell me it was stolen!" she cut me off.

"Uh... yes b-but... j-just... one... of the two!"

"Huh? One of the two?"

I gently took her hand to calm her down:

"Y-yes... T-the one that's made of gold has been stolen... but the other one... the other one that's by my side... and has a heart of gold... has never been stolen... by chance..."

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow as I casually added in a whisper:

"Because... she's my t-trophy..."

At these words, which I immediately regretted, I started to look at the floor of my room, letting go of (Y/N's) hand.

"W-what?!" she exclaimed.

Mammamia... What have I done? Now I was SURE she would hate me for good...

"Wait Luigi... you're not telling me that..."

From the corner of my eye, I saw a small smile on her lips, which reassured me. Would this really be the perfect time to officially declare my feelings?

(Your point of view)

"A-hem... (Y-Y/N)... know that...I-I love you..."

Those words... These words that a certain green plumber said to me, echoed in my mind. The soft, trembling voice of that plumber who always made my heart beat, who had his head down and played anxiously with his fingers, told me...that he loves me... Did this plumber, named Luigi, really love me? Emotionally, I hugged him.

"Oh Luigi"...I cried. "Me too..."

Surprised, he hugged me tightly and smiled at me.

" I-I love you," he repeated in a low voice.

Still in his arms, I raised my head and looked at him. I looked into his beautiful sapphire eyes. I never thought so but his eyes... I could get lost in them. Just looking into his eyes and I was already blushing.

I stroked his cheek shyly, which made him blush. At that moment, I noticed that I was very close to him... My face was under the shadow of his green hat and I could hear his heart beating loudly as if it wanted to come out of his chest...

It was then that he took off his hat, revealing his beautiful brown hair...

And he gave me a soft kiss on my cheek, which warmed my heart...

"Oh Luigi... I love you so much, I said," happy.

Before he even started to say something, I kissed him on the lips... He was quite surprised by my gesture, but closed his eyes and prolonged the kiss. We wanted this moment to last forever and never stop...

But obviously, this fantastic moment was interrupted... By Mario.

" Hi-hi! Hey... My brother... in love? Ooouuuh!"

So we broke off the gesture, which was so tender and innocent, and stepped aside. We looked back at Mario who was standing in the doorway with a slightly mocking look on his face. I would venture to say that our cheeks were the same color as Mario's hat!

"MARIO!!! W-WHY AT THE RIGHT TIME?" shouted poor Luigi.

"Hahaha!" laughed Mario. "Nah, but that just makes-a me say you've got your smile back!

Luigi looked down at the ground, embarrassed and self-conscious.

"Isn't  it, (Y/N)?"

I agreed:

"Yes!"

The green plumber looked up at Mario, smiling a little.

"Y-yes Mario... It's really thanks to her..."

Luigi looked at me tenderly and smiled, still shy. Mario turned to me and smiled, full of pride.

"Hmmm... Why don't you stay with Luigi at home?" the red plumber offered. "Because... you are actually HIS joy!"

I had butterflies in my stomach when I heard this proposal. But I had to admit that Luigi was also MY joy...

"That would be a good idea!"

I looked at my best friend. He blushed:

"Uh huh... I'm not going to be disappointed at all!"

I walked over to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek, near his mustache.

"I finally got... my true love..."

EPILOGUE

So it was that I lived a peaceful life with my dear Luigi. He was now living in my house. He was there for me as I was for him. Our love grew with each passing day. I never again saw Luigi in a huge state of sadness as the last time. He was living happily even though he seemed happier than when we met for the first time and we were best friends. We do almost everything together... Of course, with a few green candies here and there!

(And that's it! That's how the story ends! I hope you liked it! =) This was my first romance Fanfiction and I made it about my favorite character of all video games: Luigi ! Actually, the story is finished but, maybe I'll do some One-shots (short stories) from this story. Little stories and adventures that you, the readers, will live with Luigi! See you soon!

(I hope it wasn't bad!)

-SuperLuigiFangirl01