| across the room |

"my mom got the job and they pay her good so that is great so far." I told my new therapist.

"That's good kiddo, so I heard that your starting school tomorrow at 8:30 right?" she spoke. I nod. Why is that important though?

"What about a lover, you got a lover yet?" she asked. I fidget with my bracelet.

"No, I'm sorry but why is this important?" I ask she stops writing and looks up at me.

"Just trying to get to know you Ashley, I'm sorry if this seemed uncomfortable to you." she said. Seemed? It doesn't just seem uncomfortable it is and it's dumb.

"Anything else you would like to talk about?" she asked me I shake my head.
She stands up

"Okay that is it for today, tomorrow we start the 20 minute timer." she says and leads me out of the room. I went back to my mom's car and got in.

"How was it?" she asked.

"It was okay." I say and she smile and started the car.

☼☀︎

It was a new Day.

The light shines of my face as I woke up blinding me slightly. I sit up and stretched. I went to my bath and brush my teeth.
I get in the shower, feel the warm water on my skin it was relaxing.

>>>

I open my backpack and put my stuff in it. I put my phone and airpods in the side pocket.

Then I hear a *honk!* I look out the window and I saw my therapist waiting outside. Ugh. That's why she asked if it started at 8?
I roll my eyes and went out. I got in her car and she starts driving. We sit there not saying a word to each other.

"Did you sleep g-"

"Mhm."

"Ah'' she said. We we got there I saw people standing around and talking. She let me wait until we started going in. I got out of the car and walk in. I got my schedule and locker number. I started putting my stuff away when someone closes my locker. I look over to see a girl and boy kissing the boy had his hand on my locker.

"Ew." I say.

"Hey no making out!" a teacher yelled and they ran away. I open my locker again and finally put my stuff away. I take out my phone and airpods and put them in my pocket. I went to my first class and sit down in the back. That's when i heard a familiar voice.

"Ay gilbert!" a boy came in. Wait, that's the boy who I bought the medicine off of.
I swear he heard my thoughts because he turned to look my way from across the room and his eyes widened when he saw me. Then I saw a soft smile appear on his face. He sat by me.

"Hey y'know I never got your name the other day" he said.

"I'm Ashley, you?" I say

"Royce, but you can just call me Roy." he smiles. I return the smile.

"Hey Roy! Come sit over here!" one of his friends said. Roy looks at me

"I'm gonna sit over here for this class sorry dude." he tells his friend and he friends looks at me and smirks. And like that, my cheeks were red.

"She's blushing~" he friend teased. I put my jacket over my face. Royce looked at me and he had a soft tent of red also on his cheeks. He clears his throat.

"Any who, Ashley this is Gilbert, gilbert, this is Ashley as you know." he said.
Gilbert put his hand out with a friendly smile, "Nice to meet you Ashley." he said. I take his hand and shake it.

"Same to you good sir." I joke he chuckled and he grinned "didn't know your girlfriend had a good sense of humor Roy." he said. Roy rolled his eyes and then a teacher came in.

TBC!!!!