Sophie: the Detective

Sophie rubbed her tired eyes, and immediately yelped in pain. "OW!" She cried, cradling her broken face in her hands. "Ugh, what happened?"

"You killed Fitz!" Linh exclaimed, cartwheeling around the room in excitement. "Hooray!"

"Hang on," said the Buff Blond Boy, even though he was grinning wildly like a maniac. "Nobody was killed, right?"

"WRONG!" screamed Linh, punching him in the face.

Sophie glanced over at Fitz, ignoring the fist fight BBB and Linh had started. "Is he okay?" She asked Tam, who only shrugged.

"I don't know, and I don't care. The only important thing is if you're okay—and are you? Did you get hurt, Sophie?" Worry flickered across his sexy face, a look Sophie never expected to see on someone so dark and emo and handsome.

"Uhhh, yeahhh," she mumbled, pulling two blond strands in front of her blushing face. "Um, what about you?" Sophie immediately cringed to death. He hadn't even gotten hurt—why would she ask him something so DUMB?

Tam smiled, despite her extremely embarrassing stupidity. "Don't worry. I'm alright."

"WEEWOO WEEWOO!" Someone suddenly yelled. Sophie whipped her head around, wincing when she broke almost everything in her neck. "COMING THROUGH!" A man in a dark sweater covered in pink Trisha Paytas faces shoved through the bloodied mess BBB and Linh were causing, wheeling a cart filled with alluring drugs and pretty potions.

"Great, you're alive!" He exclaimed when he saw Sophie. "What about other one? Is he still breathing?"

"Hopefully not," said Linh, causing BBB to grab a potion from the cart and hurl it at her face.

The man laughed at the struggling children and walked over to Fitz's cot. "I'll check on him. Oh, I'm Elwin, by the way. Foxfire's doctor."

"WHAT?!" Sophie shrieked, rolling off her cot and looking for a window to jump out of. She quickly spotted one and scrambled to her feet, preparing for launch. She jumped toward it, but Tam caught her midair and prevented her escape. "LET ME GO!" She wailed hysterically, but he simply plopped her back onto the cot.

"Daddy chill," said Tam, and showed her how to take a deep breath innnnn and outtttttt. "That's something a... friend taught me before I was banished. I guess it's kinda useful." He grinned at her, and she couldn't help smiling shyly back despite her panic.

"It sure is!" Elwin called from Fitz's cot. "My dad also taught me that trick. It's an ancient tactic, but it definitely works. Your boyfriend's alive, by the way."

"He's not my boyfriend," grumbled Tam. "Why does everyone think that?"

"...I think he meant me," Sophie said, glancing at Elwin's face. "But, um, he's not my boyfriend either. We're just-enemies?"

"Oh," said Elwin, looking down at Fitz's peaceful, sleeping face. "Well in that case..." The doctor man grabbed a vial of what seemed to be green fog and poured it all over Fitz, who immediately shot up and started hacking like a wild Patty.

"UGH! What was that disgusting smell?!" Fitz wrinkled his nose and shot a look at Tam, who growled at him.

"Ayyyy, it looks like my best bud's awake! How's it hanging, Fitzroy?" BBB grinned when Fitz glared at him, and Sophie heard Linh give the tiniest laugh.

"I'm fine, Keefe. What happened?"

"It turns out that—what's your name again?" Elwin asked her.

"Sophia. Sophia Imposter." Fitz raised an eyebrow at her and she blushed intensely. His eyebrows are so... sculpted. He looked like a statue of a greek god. Sophie could barely keep her eyeballs from turning into hearts the size of his voluminous, bulging pecs.