Psychosis

Benjamin paces back and forth Mumbling Incoherently, he wrings his hands in and out of fists and shoves his long black hair out of his face.

The hard bed in the corner, the white walls, the sterile smell of the room, the sounds on the other side of the door was all too familiar.

Ben was back in the hospital on the Psychiatric Ward. How he got there though, that's the question? Who committed him? Who found him? What even happened?

The last thing he remembers was hearing voices about danger. He doesn't even know what day of the week it is, let alone what time it is. The darkness that seeps in from the window proves to Ben that it's the nighttime.

He sits on the hard bed and stares at the door. Surely someone will be in to see him soon. But then again, he just regained consciousness and has no idea how long he's been here.

*Unknown Amount Of Time Later*

Ben tosses and turns over in the hard bed he mumbles, he whimpers, he grips onto his hair tightly and rips clumps of it out. Hell do anything to make the voices stop.

The portable monitor on his wrist beeps and alerts the nurses that he's panicking and they rush in.

He screams at the sound of the door being forced open and the 5 nurses that rush in and he jumps up, chunks of his hair fall from his body to the ground around him, he starts hitting himself pulling at his medical pjs he somehow is now wearing, he slams his fists, feet and shoulders into the walls.

The nurses try to subdue him but he hits at them, yells for them to get away, to leave him alone, to not hurt him. The nurses try to calm him but he just gets more and more freaked out.

A nurse hits a panic button from within her pocket and another nurse comes in with a shot.

Ben screams No and it takes 5 Nurses to hold him down, the nurse with the shot pulls his pants down revealing an almost bare cheek as a small tattoo is visible. Ben groans and cries out not to be sedated, that he'll behave, he won't do anything again, but the nurse injects him and he falls unconscious once more.

*An Unknown Amount Of Time Later*

Ben groans, more and more bright light comes into his eyes as he blinks, he tries to move his hands as he has hair in his face but he can't.

Wes: Hey, shhhh. It's okay.

*Wes moves the Hair asideI as Ben turns his head and stares at his Best Friend*

Wes: You're okay, you'll be fine. Just breathe buddy.

Ben takes a deep breath and with a raspy voice he manages to ask Wes what happened.

Wes: I don't have many details man. You went missing a week ago. I got a call 4 days ago that you were here, was told I couldn't visit yet and that they'd call me once you were more stable. Apparently the police found you.

Ben: M... M... Missing?

Wes: Yeah. You left work one day, and said you weren't feeling well. I told you I'd check in on you the next day. You didn't answer your phone or texts so I drove over and I found your house. Door wide open, Car running in the driveway, your front window smashed. I peered in and there was writing on the walls papers everywhere. I immediately called 911, told them what I found and that I was quickly going in to see if I could find you. By the time they got there I searched the entire house. I told the cops everything I knew about you that would be important, gave them a picture of you from work and so on.

Ben: W... Where was I found? *Is clearly still groggy*

Wes: Sitting in a row boat at the pond beside the fishing dock mumbling incoherently. Apparently someone walked by and saw you and called you in as a "strange man".

Ben chuckles slightly. I mean, I am strange...

Wes: Yeah but when the police hear the words "strange man" they tend to assume the worst.

*One Month Later*

Ben is doing a lot better, he's on new medications and is staying with Wes as doctors advised it wasn't the safest to leave him alone after such a severe mental breakdown.

Wes walks up the stairs to Ben's room and walks in with a fresh cup of coffee and his medication. He drops the coffee and pills as Ben is naked in the mirror looking at his ass.

Wes blushes bright red as he sees a tattoo bearing his name.

Ben: Oh my gosh! Wes, I can explain. I swear.

Wes just nods slowly, as he visibly checks Ben's body out.

*To Be Continued In Part 2*