Valentines Day

It's Valentine's Day and Wes has been up since 5am. The house is clean as a whistle. His suit and tie are ironed and laid out on the bed.

He spent hours last night trimming the bushes and flowers of his patio so that his homemade candlelit dinner for Deb and him would be perfect. He even installed little fairy lights that sparkle.

Deb is set to arrive at 6pm so he is taking his time with everything so that it's perfect. Him and Deb have been dating for 2 years now and are literal sweethearts. Wes is such a romantic and has everything planned down to the exact millisecond. We can blame that on his severe OCD though.

He bought Deb a beautiful gold and pearl bracelet, her favorite perfume, a box of her favorite chocolates, and 11 long stem red roses.

You may ask why not 12?

Well that's because he handmade one with tissue paper and placed it in the middle of the bouquet with a little note that says I will love you till the last rose dies.

*4:45pm*

Dinner is almost ready. The seasoned and glazed Roast Lamb has been slow roasting in a Red Wine Marinade. Since 10am. Wes has just finished chopping the Garden Vegetable Medley and tosses them in a bit of Sesame Oil with his secret Mediterranean Spice Mix and places them in a pan in the oven. He even handmade Chocolate Lava Cakes from scratch with a Vanilla Caramel Drizzle and placed them in the fridge.

Deb always jokes with him and tells him he should have been a Chef instead of a Bio-Chemist.

*5:45pm*

Wes stands in the mirror. He double checks that when he brushed and flossed his teeth that he didn't miss anything. He sprays a bit of Breath Spray in to freshen up. He runs a comb through his wavy hair and slicks it back. His face all cleanly shaven so he dabs on a little bit of aftershave.

He ties his shoes, adjusts and smooths out his slacks, straightens his tie, and buttons up his suit jacket.

He checks his watch and takes in a deep breath.

*6:00pm*

Deb's car pulls up, Wes comes down the stairs and opens up her car door and greets her with a soft kiss which makes her pale cheeks blush. He walks her up the steps to the door and lets her in.

He takes her coat, purse and sets them down as she sits in her favorite spot on the couch. She mentions that the food smells amazing as Wes walks in with a glass of Wine, and his gifts for her.

You spoil me too much Wesley, Deb says as she smiles. She tears up as she reads the note on the roses and smells them. She smiles at the perfume and carefully takes out the bracelet and has Wes place it on her wrist. You're such a romantic Wes. I love it. Wes smiles and says she's worth every penny and more.

*6:30pm*

Deb is sitting on the patio simply in awe as she looks out at all the sparkling fairy lights. Wes comes out with their meals on a cart with a paper chefs hat that he clearly just handmade and Deb chuckles.

He places the food down on the table and serves her a plate. She says the food is almost too pretty to eat.

*7:15pm*

Wes brings out dessert and Deb looks at him in shock at the detail that he put into the Cake and homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.

Wes, I'm so glad you talked me into having a private dinner at home. Everything is perfect. It's so much more romantic than reservations at a busy restaurant.. We should do this more often.

Wes agrees with a simple smile and soft nod as he sits down.

*8:30pm*

Music plays softly in the background and Wes slowly dances Deb around the patio. Her head rests on his chest, her arms on his hips and his are on the small of her back. He slowly dances her inside where he has sappy romantic movies set up, with Deb's favorite snacks of Popcorn, Pretzels and M&M's.

He grabs a soft blankets and wraps her into it and they get comfy and cuddle on the couch.

Happy Valentines Day Deb, I love you, Wes whispers in her ear...

Happy Valentines Day Wes, I love you too.

The End!

Hope you enjoy!!

(Food Pictured Below)