Part 2: All about Rongani Devi.

It was weekend and Raamu was on his way to Harilal's house as he had invited him for dinner.
He reached, they greeted each other and Raamu went inside Harilal's house.

While having dinner, Harilal suddenly asks " Raamu, have you ever seen or heard about the old temple in the forest/jungle?"

"Oh yes! I had seen it a few days ago with my students as we were going for a walk."
"But they stopped me from going inside and said something about Rongani Devi and that it was built almost 600 years ago."

"Oh. Well, do you want to know the complete history about her?"

"Yes, why not. Tell me."

"So, As you had heard from your students that the temple was built around 600 years ago."
"It was built by the Adivasis as this area was considered to be theirs in the earlier times."
"The adivasis used to worship a Devi."

"Her name was Rongani Devi."
"But, she wasn't actually a Devi."
"Her reality and her truth as to who she actually was, is unknown to all."
"But, all I know is that she used to prove herself to be divine and sacred."
"She used to kill people to get all the riches in the world and especially to eat human flesh."

"And the Adivasis, being completely blind by Rongani Devi's true intentions, used to worship her las though she was the most sacred God/Devi."

"She used to kill more than 10 people every year and would call it as a 'part of a Pooja which was conducted for the people's well-being and welfare'."
"There was a statue made in her honour, but it had been taken away by some foreign rulers in the past."

"Oh god! This is such a terrific story. But, did anyone kill Rongani Devi?"

"When the Adivasis got to know about her true intentions and her motive, they killed her in a house which was known to be her residing place which was gifted to her by the Adivasis themselves."

"The knife by which she was killed is still hung in that house in some room which is locked."
"And it is said that if anybody enters the room, the person gets killed with the same knife with which Rongani Devi was killed, hundreds of years ago."

"But, nobody knows which house is that. So, there were no deaths."

"The priest family of that Mandir were my family friends."
" A few members of that family are alive and are still looking for the reasons why people are being killed when on entering that room."

"Rongani Devi's body was burnt, but people say that her soul is still roaming around in the village, scaring people."
"This is why, this area is called "dangerous"."

After listening to every thing about Rongani Devi, Raamu had nothing left to say. He was shocked and terrified. They greeted each other and Raamu left for home.

Thank you for reading❤️❤️❤️❤️