Chapter 4: The Start of Training Camp

A week has gone by...
Kage woke up to his Mom knocking on the door. "Honey, wake up. Bokuto and Akaashi are here to see you!" Kage didn't really comprehend what she said. So, he decided to walk down to the kitchen to eat before he got dressed. He walked in rubbing his eyes and suddenly heard laughing. He turned and saw Bokuto laughing on the ground and Akaashi pointing towards Kage's hair while covering his mouth. Kage turned and ran to the nearest mirror. When he looked, he turned red. His hair stuck up in a million different directions. He quickly went to the bathroom to comb it out and put on his school clothes. He almost forgot. Today is the day they leave for the training camp! He quickly backed an extra bag for the six days they'll be staying. This was going to be the best training camp ever! Kage thought to himself.
————————————————————————
It was the end of school and the whole team was gathered around the coaches in front of the bus. The coaches were giving a run down of the trip and Kage had heard all this from Bokuto. The boys started loading up on the bus when Kage was grabbed by the shoulder. He quickly turned around and saw Akaashi. "You need something Akaashi?" Kage asked. Akaashi pulled him closer and whispered, "You are Bokuto's new buddy so you are going to sit beside him on the 4 hour trip. He tends to talk and get restless. So, the team usually makes me sit by him and I love Bokuto but this is my one chance to actually get some rest in the bus ride. Please let him sit by you." "Don't stress over it. I'll sit by him" "Thank you!" Akaashi replied.
Everybody was almost done loading up and Kage found Bokuto waiting on him in one of the seats. "Hey it's my bus buddy!" Bokuto's eyes lit up and he seemed to energetic to be going on a 4 hour trip. "Hey Bokuto." Kage smiled at his hyper upperclassman. Kage and Bokuto started to talk about different ways to spike a ball and the best way to get around blockers. About halfway into the trip it was like someone turned off Bokuto's hyper switch. Kage had started listening to music while Bokuto was rambling on about his favorite ramen. All of a sudden the talking stopped and Kage felt weight on his right shoulder. He looked to the side to see the owl boy had passed out and was mumbling stuff under his breath. Kage took out one of his earbuds to hear what Bokuto was saying. "I'm the...best ace Akashi...The set was...little low Kage...Nice receive...hey,hey,heyy." Then he went back to snoring. Kage chuckled a little then decided it was probably best to get some rest while the gray-haired boy was asleep. He pulled out a travel pillow and put it against the window. He fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. Akaashi looked over the seat when he didn't hear any talking from the boys in front of him. He didn't expect to see Bokuto with his head buried in Kage's shoulder and said boy passed out on a pillow resting against the window. He quickly signaled to one of the upperclassman to take a picture. Bokuto will have to sit by Kage more often, Akaashi thought to himself.
————————————————————————
Kage was woken up by someone shaking his shoulder. He blearily looked up and saw Akaashi pointing at Bokuto; who was still sleeping on his shoulder. They both shook the gray-haired boy awake. Once everyone was awake Coach Yamiji gathered everyone around outside of the bus. "Welcome to the Tokyo training camp! There will be five main schools instead of four. Our school (Fukurōdani Academy), Nekoma High, Shinzen High, Ubugawa High, and Karasuno High will be the schools playing in this years training camp. We will play until it gets dark. Each school that loses has to do a flying lap around the gym. Understood?" "Yes sir." The team said in unison. "This will be a good chance for our first years to gain experience but don't you worry second and third years. You all will have plenty of playing time." All the third years cheered at that. "Alright boys let's go play some volleyball!"
————————————————————————
Kage entered the gym alongside Bokuto and Akaashi. There were two courts set up and a basket of balls at each. So far, Nekoma and Shinzen were the only teams in the gym. Bokuto ran up to a guy in a red tracksuit with black hair the was spiked on one side. Akaashi followed behind and walked up to the new boy and left Kage standing by one of the courts. "Kage! C'mere I want to introduce you to someone!" Bokuto shouted from the other side of the court. Kage could feel the heat rise to his cheeks as everyone looked over at him. He jogged over to Bokuto, Akaashi, and the other guy. "Kage this is my good friend Tetsuro Kuroo and Kuroo this my new best friend Kage Siroyama!" "Nice to meet you. Just call me Kage." "Same here. Call me Kuroo." "What position do you play?" Kage asked. "I'm captain of the Nekoma volleyball team and I'm a middle blocker. Wha about you?" Kuroo said. "I used to be a wing spiker but I'm getting back into the groove of playing." Kage answered while rubbing the back of his head. "Well I can't wait to test out your abilities then Kage. I hope you find the groove quickly because you're going to need it to get past my team." Kuroo said with a serious face. Suddenly Bokuto jumped into the conversation and said "You'll have to get past my team first!" Bokuto looked at Kuroo smugly, while Kage just stood back behind Akaashi. "Fine I'll see you on the court." Kuroo said. "Same here, dude." Bokuto said while smiling. Everyone headed towards the dorms to which they were staying in.