Challenge Completed - Part 1

Could I have finished this and released it all as one part? Yes. But then I wouldn't get IMMEDIATE GRATIFICATION

Loosely based on the animation trilogy "Herobrine's Challenge" on YouTube!

__

His eyes flickered back on as he came back to life.

Slowly, Herobrine's surroundings faded into existence. He looked back and forth, lazily, before the pain hit and his eyes screwed shut again, lips moving as he mouthed an exclamation. What had he done to himself this time...?

He couldn't feel his left arm. A pillar rested across his legs, rendering him completely immobile even if he had the strength to move. His arm - his right one, the one he could feel - was pinned beneath a chunk of the ceiling, and resting in a pool of blood. He must have died at least once. Why wasn't he regenerating...?

The only light he had were a couple beams of moonlight trickling through cracks in the ceiling, illuminating a few patches of damaged stone. The hall was badly damaged, and Herobrine tried desperately to recall what had landed him in his situation. A fight, of course, but who - or what - could defeat him so soundly and leave him in such a state? He'd died before, but never been left like... this.

His gaze alighted on a huge warhammer, resting just beside a moonbeam, and his lips twisted into a sneer. Ah. So they'd cheated, then.

His fingers twitched as he gauged his available strength. Very little. No items, either. Even a single pearl could get him out of this wreckage, if nothing else...

Another shape caught his eye, and he squinted in the darkness. It took a moment, but eventually he was able to make out what it was-

-his left arm.

Well, that explained why he couldn't feel it.

Herobrine inhaled as deeply as he could, then let it out slowly. He had never lost a limb before. Would he be able to regenerate such a great injury? He could worry about that later. For now, he needed to get out before the undead found him. He didn't fancy being eaten alive.

First, he shifted his legs. The full weight of the pillar was not on them, but instead a piece of fallen stone, allowing him to wriggle one leg free. Bracing that one against the stone (and gritting his teeth against the pain of a broken bone), he was able to pull his other leg out as well.

After a break to recover, he twisted around to brace his feet against the stone that pinned his remaining arm, breathing in deeply before he pushed against it. The action sent waves of pain crashing through his arm, and his vision whited out momentarily. By the time he'd come back to his senses, he was blinking tears out of his eyes. Notch, this was the worst pain he'd been in in a long time.

A zombie's groan sounded at the far end of the chamber.

Herobrine huffed softly, fingers scrabbling weakly at the stone beneath them. He had to get out, he was unarmed and helpless here, no better than any other corpse that the shambling undead consumed. But he could barely move, and all he could do was watch with dread as the mindless creature approached him. Ordinarily they would follow him, obey his every whim, but tonight - tonight he had no power. They would see him just as any other unfortunate victim - as a meal. He squeezed his eyes shut as the zombie came up to him, bracing himself for the coming pain.

A soft vwoop made him wince, followed by a howl of pain from the zombie. Shuffling footsteps turned to flee, and Herobrine peeled his eyes open to find a pair of black legs standing before him.

The enderman knelt down to his level, whispering a greeting in its warped tongue. Herobrine let his chin lower to rest on the stone as relief crashed over him. He had help.