038

Emily's POV

"Eddie's gonna take me home." I speak interrupting Robin and Steve. Robin give Steve a look that shows she's pissed. "Thank you for inviting me over Robin. We should hang out again." I smile.

"Yeah of course." She smiles and I walk back to Eddie. He's drying off, to get ready to leave. Jeff joins us.

"Where you going?" Jeff asks Eddie.

"I'm gonna take Emily home." Jeff immediately rolls his eyes.

"Of course." He sounds annoyed. I physically could not care less.

"I'll call you later, you and Gareth should come hang later." Jeff says nothing and walks off, back towards his apartment.

When he's out of ears reach I ask, "What's his problem?"

"I don't think he likes me hanging out with you so much." He admits, getting dressed. I'm too annoyed to use this as an opportunity to check him out.

"Why?" I ask a little bit pissed.

"I dunno," he says, confused.

"He can't share his friend? He better get used to it. You're not getting rid of me." I snap, pissed off now. Why is everyone trying to keep me from Eddie?

"Don't worry. I don't want to get rid of you any time soon." He smiles, trying to calm me down. I just want to go home, I'm so done.

"Can we leave please?" I ask Eddie.

"Yes, let's go."

I say goodbye to Robin, going out of my way to ignore Steve. He tries to say goodbye, I ignore him and follow behind Eddie to his Van. I climb into the passenger seat.

"Your van makes me feel so tiny." I say, without thinking.

"You are tiny."

"No I'm not." I snap at Eddie.

"Sheesh I'm just kidding." He laughs.

"Sorry I'm just irritated right now. I don't even know why." I sigh, looking out the window as Eddie drives off towards my home.

"Is it because of whatever happened with Steve?" He ask, his eyes on the road. I look over to him gauging wether or not I want to tell him.

"That was the cherry on top on all the things to piss me off lately." I admit.

"So you gonna tell me what happened?" Eddie comes to a stop light and looks over at me. His big doe eyes pleading with me.

"He asked me if I was ready for school, I said I was nervous. Then he has the audacity to tell me if I'm so worried about being popular I should cut you off." I huff, getting annoyed having to relive it to tell the story.

"What did you say?"

"I told him I don't care what anyone thinks." Eddie smiles relieved like I must of said exactly what he wanted me to say. "Then he tried to bring Dustin into it and I was done."

"He's got a point though." Eddie's says still keeping his eyes on the road.

"I don't care." I mutter annoyed.

"Why not? You should."

"Because I care about you Eddie. When you get that through your thick skull?" I snap at him again. He just smiles, completely unfazed by me kinda going off on him.

"I just don't understand why." He says.

"Oh my fucking god." I'm almost yelling at this point and he just laughs.

"Sorry I just like seeing you get all riled up, it's cute."

"It's not and now you're pissing me off." I frown, looking back into the window.

"Sorry," his hand finds it way to rest on my thigh. He squeezes it.

"I'm sorry. You've been so good to me and here I am going off on you." I shake my head disappointed in my self.

"It's okay." He reassures me.

"You sure?" I don't know why but I can feel tears forming. Fuck me, why is my immediate reaction to literally anything to cry.

"Are you crying?" He ask taking his eyes off the road for a moment to look at me.

"Keep your eyes on the road, Eddie." I snap at him for a third time.

"Okay." He removes his hand from my thigh to focus on driving. I wipe my tears on my sleeve.

"Sorry."

"Quit apologizing." He says and all my brain wants to do is apologize again.

"Okay." Is all I can get out. That's when I notice we're driving down the street I live on. It sinks in that I'm gonna have to face my mom soon. "My moms gonna be so mad."

"Why?"

"Because she dropped me off at Robins house and now I'm getting brought home by you."

"She really don't like me, huh?" She did for a moment. At least I think she did at one point then I cried in her arms about how Eddie didn't want a relationship with me. Now she's anti-Eddie.

"Partially my fault." I admit and Eddie parks across the street from my home. "Thank you driving me home."

"Ya know, if you want you can come over later maybe get to know Jeff and Gareth. Make him see what I see in you." He suggests, I think about it for a few seconds.

"Maybe another time. He can have you tonight." I tease, like as if Jeff and I share joint custody of Eddie.

"If you insist." Eddie laughs. We sit there for a few minutes, in silence. I don't want to get out but I know I should. I unbuckle my seat belt, unsure if I should hug him or something. I decide against it and leave his van.

"Bye Eddie." I wave.

"Good luck." He says driving off.

As soon as I enter the front door I'm greeted by Mom.

"Didn't I drop you off at Robin's? What're you doing with him?"

"Robin invited a couple people over to swim." I admit.

"Why him?" She asks.

"I don't know, he just showed up. I guess they're friends." I shrug my shoulders.

"Whatever. That still doesn't answer why he was dropping you off."

"Because I was ready to go home and he offered. Figured it'd be better then bothering you for a ride." I say, making my way towards the stairs.

"Are y'all like - "

"Nope." I interrupt her not letting her finish her question, "Just friends."