4- lightbulb

(A/N: I REALLY LIKE THE ART I HAVE FOR THIS CHAPTER!!!! AND THANKS FOR AROUND 200 READS!! Uh... anyways...)

TW: cursing/offensive language, memory loss, trauma, hallucinations as well as mentions of cigarette addiction/abuse and alcohol addiction/abuse

——————————————

Names:
Paintbrush • Grey Pinceau
Lightbulb • Petra Ampoule
Test tube • Maria Provetta
Fan • Ray Ventilateur
Silver spoon • Henry D'argento
Candle • Serenity Kerze
Yin Yang • Cosmo Pínghéng
Yang • Blake
Yin • Robert
Bow • Pembe Heeobou
Baxter • Baxter
Microphone • Mikayla (Mic) Mikrofon
Soap • Sofia Gallúnach
Cabby • Gabby Arkivskap
Mepad • Andy Meeple
Ballpoint Pen • Sebastian Kugelschreiber
Steve Cobs • Steve Cobs
Tissues • Dan Tessuti
Trophy • Bradley Bikar
Paper • Peter Bumaga
Dr Fizz • Doctor Michael Fizz (Doctor Fizz)
Toilet • Nurse Logan Treegrip (Nurse T)
MePhone4 • Doctor Charlie Meeple (Doctor Charlie)
Bot • Bow/BowBot/Bot

——————————————

Quote from chapter:
"She's long gone... lost her name, my name, most of her memories... lost to this apocalyptic seeming landscape... and there seems to be no recovering for her... But... I'll stay hopeful, like she did 9 years ago to save us... so even if she's long gone, I'll find a way to bring her back. No matter how long it takes... because that's what friends are for, right?"
-Paintbrush(Grey)

——————————————

{A FEW HOURS PRIOR}

//POV:
PAINTBRUSH//

I climb up the ladder and into the attic.

"Oh, Henry... This must be Grey." A soothing voice says and I immediately whip around to find where it came from. "Ah, I better introduce myself. I'm Serenity."

"Oh! Um... I'm Grey!" I shake the candle's hand. "Uh... what did Henry and you want again? I brought the letter from Maria... what else?" I ask while I attempt to shake off the feeling that I shouldn't be here.

"It was instructions for... a ritual- no worries! That's just what I call them... I'm a part-time psychic." Serenity smiles warmly.

"Uh... okay..." I awkwardly look out the window. Rain pounded against the roof and drops trickled down the window. "So... why am I here? Specifically?"

"You're here specifically to... help me. With the instructions." She holds up the envelope. "I've been hearing that you wanted to see... her again."

"H- how..." I mumble. How did this high-school girl know about that?! Well... she is a psychic... BUT SHE'S ALSO A STRANGER! "UGH. Anyway, whatever you're gonna do... let's get it over with. My classes probably start soon anyway." My bristles spark slightly, which happens sometimes when I get angry...

"Alright, Henry, please be a dear and set up the circle."

"Alright, Serenity!" Henry smiles and I snicker. "H- hey, imbecile! I don't want to hear any of your peasant words!" He scoffs at me and I roll my eyes. He the proceeds to walk to the corner of the room, rummaging through a drawer.

I go to take a step forward when the weak floorboards creak. I look upward at the unfinished ceiling, pipes and support beams covering the point that was the inside of the roof. Speaking of unfinished, some of the walls still have insulation stuffing... I definitely shouldn't go near those.