Chapter 151

Immobilised with shock, Nandini didn't move for a moment, aware only of the searing heat of the lips against hers and the immense strength of the arms coiled fiercely around her waist.

Then the raging emotions she'd been warring against since morning...since years...broke free of their prison and erupted into riotous life, making her senses swim uncontrollably.

She kissed him back with a fiery passion while sliding her arms up to mesh her fingers into his hair, mindlessly savouring the pleasure of being in his arms again.

Exultant, Prithvi deepened the kiss while bringing her as close to him as he could, trying to restrain his aggression while being lost in her exquisite sweetness and softness...and quietly elated by the confirmation that what he had sensed that afternoon in Ayodhya had not been a figment of his imagination - the desires that tormented him were burning just as strongly within her...

A long time had passed before he lifted his head by a fraction.

They gazed at each other wordlessly for a while, intensely shaken...their breaths rough and unsteady...

The insanity that had made him seize her was subsiding now, and the aggressiveness that had spiralled wildly was now coming under control.

So he didn't have an excuse any longer to continue holding her...and that was a pity, Prithvi thought idly while placing a warm hand on her left cheek and caressing her reddened lips with a thumb.

The action made Nandini's already jumbled up insides do sharp somersaults, and she automatically closed her eyes. She was starting to become indistinctly aware of the voice of reason, but the words were drowned out by the noisy pounding of her heart.

Eyes smouldering, he instantly captured her lips again in a kiss that was gentler but still hard and demanding.

Her head was spinning and her limbs felt weak. She clutched him tighter to remain steady. Her heartbeats were racing madly, and she could feel his heart pounding too...

Somewhere in her consciousness, she felt his fingers digging into her waist painfully, and with a startled burst of bashfulness, timidity and a beautiful, secretive thrill, she realised he was struggling to restrain them from wandering...

Dazed, Prithvi raised his head for the second time and studied her flushed face. He wanted to be reckless and foolish for some more time until rational thought and common sense regained their control over him. He could already feel their hateful pull, battling to help him remember the horrific pain of the past...

But today, for once, he was finding it shockingly easy to ignore it.

There would be more than enough time later for him to despise himself for being so weak-willed. But after the torment he'd endured over the last few days, there was some regrets that he refused to endure again...

The regret of not holding her for a bit longer... of depriving himself of a little more time in the overwhelming peacefulness and warmth of her embrace... of not kissing her for a few more moments.

The rosiness on her skin deepened at the stirring intensity in his eyes, and she lowered her gaze blushingly.

The index finger of his right hand propped itself under her chin and adamantly lifted her face for him to resume his absorption in her radiantly beautiful face...the entrancing shyness on it, and the intoxicatingly tender emotions in her lovely black eyes.

He kissed her again...

And again...

Very soft kisses...but they burned ferociously against her throbbing lips, making her giddy with an electrifying pleasure that annihilated the tiny tendril of sense that had sprouted in her head shortly ago.