XXIX

If I didn't have a piece of Void inside me, maybe I could have forgiven Scott. Maybe we could have become friends again.

But that's not the case. That little sliver of the nogitsune coursing through my blood is making me crave violence. The old me would have been scared of who I've become.

But as I've said before, that version of me is long since dead.

"Who are you?" Scott asks yet again, his breathing heavy as he tries to control his shifting. I only laugh, bringing my face closer to his.

I use my free hand to lift the mask up over my face, peeling it off my non-existent nose. The blood gushes, running down my face and over my mouth. The taste of blood has become familiar to me, comforting almost. It doesn't taste like human blood, no, mercury tastes different.

It tastes like death; not for me, but for everyone else.

I smile as I lift the mercury soaked mask off of my face. Scott has a full view of me, my eyes, my hair, my mouth, his friends aren't so fortunate. They can only see my bloody side profile.

It takes Scott a second.

Then two.

My blue eyes, my exposed nose, my demeanour. None of it helps him identify me, that is until he realizes the reason why my blood is silver.

"Stiles." He breathes, as if testing the name on his tongue. He doesn't quite believe it yet.

"Miss me, Scott?" I tilt my head, studying him. His mouth is open in shock. I briefly glance over that the spot of the forest Theo and Gabe had disappeared into. I can see them dragging someone out, another teenager. The shooter.

I stand, pushing Scott's head back as I do. He just barely stops himself from toppling over. The whole group can see my face now, but they can only stare.

I watch my friends drag the shooter closer, it's a male, a werewolf. And he's not letting them take him without a fight. But he's no match for Gabe. I'm not sure about Theo, yet. I finally get a good look at the culprits face. "Austin." I say, my smile widening. "Put him here." I tap the spot beside my father with my foot.

Many members of Scott's pack are crying now. Silently sobbing without realizing it. Malia is only staring at the ground.

Gabe sets Austin on the ground, holding the back of his neck so he stays down as his hands are tied. Austin thrashes, growling at Gabe. I crouch down before him.

Austin looks at me, a brief flicker of shock crossing his face, but then he begins to laugh. It's a mocking laugh, as if he finds the fact that I'm here, crouching before him, humorous. "I knew it." He says, sneering at me. "I knew you were trouble the moment I set my eyes on you."

"Oh yeah?" I smirk. There are so many things I could say to him right now. But I settle for the pettiest. "How's Juliette?" I ask, giving him a malicious grin.

His smile fades. "You killed her father, fucker. How do you think she is?"

"I don't know." I recall everything that had happened that night. "The last time I saw her she was sucking on my cock like a good little girl." I lie.

The colour drains from his face, he clenches his jaw. Seeing the blind rage take over his face made that lie worth each penny. He cares about her. "What did you do to her?" He demands.

I smirk. "Do you really want to know the answer to that, Austin?" I ask, and he suddenly looks skeptical. But I don't give him the chance to back out. I take his chin in my hand, just as I had done to Scott. He can't look anywhere other than my mutilated face. It's healing, slowly, if only because I don't want Austin to have the satisfaction of knowing I want to get rid of the injury he gave me. I like the pain, and I want him to know it.

I lean closer to Austin, letting myself remember what Juliette and I had done that night. "She was so desperate," I say softly, letting myself speak slowly. He already looks ready to punch me. "She let me take her shirt off, and then her pretty little bra." I recall. "She didn't stop me from kissing her neck, or from sucking on her perfect tits. She was so wet by the time she took her pants off." I sneer, relishing in the anger on his face.

"Stop."

I chuckle. "I haven't even gotten to the best part yet." I tell him, holding his gaze still. "I haven't told you how she took my pants off, and kissed the top of my dick with those beautiful lips. or how she swallowed every inch of me until she gagged." I lie, but he's too angry to listen to my heartbeat. He wouldn't find anything even if he did, I'm a damn good liar. I smile. "She was such a good girl, Austin." I continue. "She did as I asked and moaned my name like the bitch she-"

"Stop."

"What's wrong?" I laugh. "Jealous?"

His chest is rising and falling in short spurts. I've made him angry.

"It's a shame you'll be dead before you get the opportunity to fuck her." I say, then I whisper - only loud enough for him to hear. "She was so goddamn tight, maybe I'll go back for seconds."

At that, he's up on his feet, teeth bared. But I'm faster. I step out of the way as he goes to bite me, his eyes glowing.

He has nothing to worry about. I don't want to go back and fuck Juliette again. There's a good chance that once she finds out who I am and what I've done, that she won't think of me the same. If she doesn't consent to it, there's no way in Hell that I'm going to force myself on her.

Austin takes another swipe at me, missing me by an inch. But before he can attack again, my fist is on-route towards his ugly face. The poor kid is out cold by the time he hits the ground.