L

A/N: Sorry guys, again. I don't think I've posted since February and I feel bad for leaving you high and dry like this. I joined the Canadian Armed Forces and have literally no time anymore lmao. But now that I'm done work for the summer I should be able to write and post some more chapters for you.

Once high school starts in September I may be busy again (my classes this year are tough and I'm expecting a shit ton of hw ngl). So if I'm not posting for a bit that's way.

Since I've been inactive for a while, I recommend rereading some of the previous chapters so you aren't confused lmao.

Love you guys!! :)
~ Maddie

Chapter L (50)

Damn.

That was one of the best lines I have heard in a long time. It wouldn't surprise me if he fantasized about this confrontation, his words were too perfectly calculated for him to have thought them up on the spot. He must have stayed up all night rehearsing just for this moment.

I smile. "Unfortunately for you, Shawn, Hell has already declined my application." I say with a small grin. "Multiple times, actually. It's honestly getting quite old."

Surely this guy has a death wish. I can make out his features in the dark room, there is a new uncertainty in his eyes. I don't know if there are cameras around here, or if Piss-face had been put up to this by Fury. In all honesty, I want to knock this guy on his ass... but not if he's just going to go right back to Fury and report me.

"An eye for an eye, Soldier Boy. You killed my friends, I don't care if your Fury's pet, I'll kill you as many times as I need to."

I scoff. "Trust me, if I could die, I would have killed myself a long time ago. So stop wasting my time and put me out of my misery." I motion for him to come closer. He looks back at his buddies, and the moment they make eye-contact, two of them walk towards me. One is gripping a switchblade, and the other also has a pair of brass knuckles. Cute. I smirk, adopting a wider fighting stance as I watch the two of them approach.

The one with the knife attacks first, taking wide swipes at my torso, I step back, narrowly dodging each slash. He drives me backwards, pressuring me, but he's still not close enough to draw blood. I take time to watch his technique, studying it. So when he takes another overhand jab at me, I block his arm before the knife has a chance to drive into my shoulder. He grits his teeth and applies more force, causing me to move back as he attempts to push the knife so it pernitrates my skin.

My back hits the wall with a thud, the sudden cease of motion causes the blade to slice cleanly through the nape of my neck and hit the stone wall behind me. I push the man off of me, he stumbles backwards. I hiss through my teeth as I pull the knife out of my neck, silver blood coating the shiny metal. It stings slightly as it heals, I tilt my head to stretch the newly healed skin. "C'mon man, I thought we were friends." I toss the knife to the side with a smirk, letting it slide across the concrete floor.

I can't kill them. Not on SHIELD property.

So I'll have to settle for 'gravely injure' instead.

I take a step towards the man that had stabbed me, and send my fist through his face. With a loud crack, he falls to the floor, smashing his head off the lockers on his way down. He doesn't get back up. I turn to the second man, he has a birthmark on his face, above his left eyebrow. he looks down at his friend, then back up to me. And after a split second, he's charging in my direction.

I step to the side the moment before he reaches me, and stick my leg out. He trips, falling face first into the wall behind me. Another dreaded crack echoes throughout the room when his nose makes contact with the stone.