The Morning After

*Billie's POV*

I stirred my coffee and listened to the gentle clink of the spoon against the mug. Tré and mike would be up soon and I wanted to finish making this before they came down, but footsteps outside the door made my heart sink and I looked at Tré as he entered the room.
He was in his boxers which were black and rather tight for him... I almost stared but caught myself and dropped my gaze to the floor.
"Hey, you alright?" I looked up at him again. He looked concerned.
"Yeah... are you alright?" I tested
"Of course, other than a fucking hangover, why wouldn't I be?"
I realised that he didn't remember last night... This could be really good or really bad. "I just... I thought you'd be upset with me..."
"What? Why would I be up-" his face dropped and he blinked a few times before muttering "Oh shit"
"Yeah... oh shit..." I swallowed, I had to make this right again. "listen, I don't want this to ruin our friendship, Tré... I just want things to go back to normal and we can forget this ever happened... okay?"
"okay"
"So everything's alright? We're still friends?"
He looked at me as if I was a moron, then smiled, "Yeah, of course we are, Bill."
I was relieved and picked up my coffee again, but by the time I turned around he had already left the kitchen.
Damn it, everything wasn't alright...

Mike was sitting with me while Tré had a shower and we were both on the sofa with the TV on. It was playing to itself as we were talking and weren't really paying attention to it.
"So what's up with him?" He nodded to the stairs, meaning Tré.
"I dunno, why?"
"He's been acting weird this morning... well weirder than usual... have you still not found out what's wrong with him?"
"No, He wouldn't tell me."
"Well... maybe we should confront him about it..." Mike suggested.
"I wouldn't want him getting upset, I think it's better just to leave him to it and tell us if he wants to."
Mike was sceptical, "but if it's something serious and we don't do anything, it could get worse..."
I thought about that. "I guess you're right. Should we do it now?"
"Yeah okay... should we wait until he's out of the shower first?" Mike chuckled.
"That might be an idea." I smirked back.
We were thinking the same thing; hide in his room. We crept upstairs and listened for the shower-it was still on so we snuck up to his door.
We grinned at each other before opening it and stepping in, but we're met by a wide eyed Tré sitting on his bed. He had his laptop on his lap and hurried to cover himself with the duvet on his bed. "What the fuck, guys!" He yelled, "get out!"
Mike and I stumbled out again, tripping over each other and slamming the door shut. We sat on the floor and looked at each other, our startled expressions comical. We tried to hold it in but burst out laughing, leaning against the wall in the hallway. We heard Tré get off the bed and come to the door before opening it and scowling out at us. "What the fuck do you think you're doing? It's not funny! Can't I have any privacy?"
I tried to keep a straight face and mike had tears rolling down his face, "we thought you were in the shower, why have you left it on?"
"So that you guys wouldn't come and fucking look for me! Now fuck off!"
He slammed the door and mike snorted before laughing hysterically again, setting me off in the process. "Well that could have gone better" I giggled.

We eventually managed to pull ourselves together again and go back downstairs where we waited for Tré to come down.
"Hey treacle" Mike winked at him when he did finally come down, "finish what you started?"
Tré rolled his eyes, "get bent."
I kept out of it and sipped the cola that Mike had poured for me.
"Why were you in my room?"
"We wanted to talk to you." Mike patted the sofa next to him and he sat down.
"What's going on?" He eyed us suspiciously.
"Well, we've been talking and we think it's time to get a new drummer." Mike said, his face solid.
"What?" Tré gasped at us before Mike grinned.
"Calm down, I'm joking. But in all seriousness, are you okay?"
Tré looked puzzled, "yeah, why?"
"Because for the past few months you haven't been yourself... and we know you've been avoiding it but you need to tell us if anythings wrong."
"I dunno what to tell you, guys... I'm fine. Really, I am." He looked at the floor.
Mike went to ask again but I nudged him in the ribs with my elbow, and I shook my head when he looked at me questioningly.
"Okay, Tré. But you know we're here for you, right?"
He nodded, "yeah guys, thanks."

He got up and left the room.
"There's something really wrong isn't there?" Mike sighed.
"Yeah, I think so..."