Chapter 12

*Gino POV*

After me and Maddie said bye, I ran to the in-hotel restaurant. That's where the team is meeting.

"Why are you late, Gino?" Cathy asked, raising an eyebrow.

She saw the tweet. It's over. All over.

"Gino got lost in the convention center, he was looking for the bathrooms." Zack answered for me.

He must of saw the tweet. My insides breathed a sigh of relief. My stomach untied.

I took a seat next to Zach.

"Maddie, huh?" Zack whispered.
"Yeah." I answered.
"What happens with your dad and Cathy find out? The fans have already have." Zack asked.

I didn't have an answer. What would happen? Will he still be an Apple Core?

The hostess asked me about my drink.

I was thinking about my situation and blurted what was in my mind. Oops.

"Maddie! I meant Fanta!" I blurted.

I received strange looks and raised eyebrows.

"Gino is still frazzled over his loss." Zack explained and lied.

"I can see that. I would be too if I lost to that mediocre dancer. What's her name again?" Cathy said, taking a sip of her water.

"Maddie." I mumbled, trying not to get defensive.

"Her! Yes,yes,yes! Maddie!" Cathy cackled.

Like the witch you are, I thought.

I looked at the window to the ALDC, pointing at us to come out and see them.

I was puzzled.

My phone vibrated and I opened a text from Maddie.

Maddie💖💎

Gino, you and your team needs to meet us at George Rutherford Pavillon Park. Now.

What now?