One • Once Upon A Time

“Once upon a time, when the evil was destroying the good, the angels decided to create a saviour. Ace. The one who will destroy the evil. They created a soul. A soul full of good. A soul full of power. And a soul void of evil. The angels decided to give it a human form. However, when they were about to put Ace's soul in a woman's womb, the evil attacked the soul of Ace. It couldn't destroy Ace. However, the soul got divided into five parts. And five parts of a soul meant five incomplete human forms. Ace's soul took five human forms. Five of them carried five evils with themselves as their curse. However, five of them also carried five boons from the angels... So this is the legend of five brothers living in the Dark Castle.” Thea ended.

“Thea, you didn't complete the story.” Cynthia cried while trying to match Thea's fast steps.

“Cynthia, this isn't a story. This is the legend of the five brothers. I told you everything I knew about the story of their birth.” Thea told her foster sister while hastily walking towards The Dark Castle.

“But I feel like there's much more to their story than just that. You are missing something. They were supposed to be one. But the evil trapped Ace's soul into five human forms. However, there must be a way to free Ace. The angels must have found a way to break the curse of the evil.” Cynthia expressed her doubt while following Thea.

“Cynthia, today is your first day at the Dark Castle, don't roam around in the castle. Especially, not the library.” Thea suggested, ignoring Cynthia's question.

“There is a library!” Cynthia exclaimed.

“But you are not supposed to go there. The eldest of the five brothers spends most of his time in the library. And his evil is wrath. He has no control over his anger. So stay away from him as much as you can.” Thea warned her sister.

“Alright.” Cynthia nodded with a pout.

“We are almost there. That's the Dark Castle.” Thea pointed towards the castle situated on the top of the Croia Hills.

Cynthia was enchanted by looking at the Dark Castle. There was nothing dark about it, except for its colour. Looking at the Dark Castle and breathing the air around it, Cynthia felt as if she had entered a love story. A love story of the good and the evil.

Maybe because the five brothers were born with the good and the evil both. They have it both, just like the humans.

“Cynthia, listen to me carefully. Alarick is the eldest of them who has the evil of wrath. Try to never cross paths with him. Next comes Alexander who has the evil of pride. His words are always laced with poison. The next one is Xavier who has the evil of jealousy. He is harmless but very charming. Try to not fall in love with him. After him comes Axlan who was the evil of greed. He is good till the time you obey his wishes. And the youngest of them is Zyaire who has the evil of lust. Avoid him at all costs if you want to protect your virginity. Now follow me inside.” 

And both the sisters entered the castle.

Cynthia was thrilled. The five brothers seemed fun.

Thea introduced Cynthia to the other maids working in the Dark Castle. They were all quiet and careful. Cynthia didn't like them that much. They didn't even reciprocate to her friendly smile.

Soon the maids, including Thea, left for their respective chores. Cynthia was left alone with a woman named Cara.

“So, Cynthia, it's your first day in the Dark Castle so you'd be given an easy task for today. You have to clean Xavier's suite.” Cara gave a shy smile while uttering Xavier's name.

Is he really so charming that it's hard to not fall in love with him?

Cynthia wanted to see it for herself.

“His suite is in the East wing of the castle. A giant mahogany door beside the portrait of Apollo.” Cara continued.

“Apollo from the Greek mythology?” Cynthia asked excitedly.

“Maybe.” Cara wasn't sure about it, “You may go now. You can take the required stuff from this room.” She pointed towards the room to her left.

Cynthia nodded and went inside the small room. It looked like a store room filled with all the stuff maids will require to keep the castle clean.

She picked up a broomstick and headed towards the East wing. Cara too left to supervise the other maids.

Cynthia walked through the East wing with her eyes glued to the pieces of art scattered all over the walls. The corridor was no less than a grand museum.

“Hmm, Xavier seems like an admirer of art.” She mumbled to herself.

She came across the portrait of Apollo, the god of art and music. Beside it was a grand mahogany double door.

Cynthia slowly opened the door. As the door opened a melodious sound of piano reached her ears. She entered the suite to watch a handsome man playing piano with his eyes closed.

He was a gorgeous specimen. His sharp features and chiseled physique was a sight for sore eyes. Cynthia was enchanted by just a look at him. Indeed, every woman alive on the Earth could easily fall in love with him at first sight.

Cynthia wanted to touch his face and kiss his lips. She wanted to make love with him. Maybe she was already in love with him.

“Who are you?” He asked softly as he stopped playing the piano and opened his eyes.

Cynthia was dumbstruck. She was engrossed in making love to him with her eyes.

“I... I'm a maid.” She managed to reply after long moments.

Xavier looked at her from top to bottom. She was a young girl with short height. Her breasts were hardly visible to him. But her bangs made her look cute.

“You are new.” He stated. He had never seen her before.

“Yes.” She nodded.

“Why are you in my room?” He asked softly.

“To clean your room.” She answered with her eyes downcast.

“You can look at me. I don't mind maids eye-raping me.” He smiled.

“No, I...” Cynthia realised she had nothing to say, “Can I begin with my work?” She asked.

“Sure.” He nodded and again began playing piano.

Cynthia sighed when he closed his eyes. She quickly began with her task before he opened his eyes again.

She was unaware that Xavier was pretending to keep his eyes closed. He was looking at her all the time.

She intrigue him. And he didn't know why did she intrigue him.

As soon as she was done cleaning suite, she left before giving him a long look of confusion.

When she left, he opened his eyes.

“Why did I even pretend to close my eyes?” He asked himself. It wasn't his trait to do these stupid, meaningless things.

A smile broke on his face. And a water droplet hit his forehead which caught his attention.

“How did this happen?”

•••

Thoughts 💭