1

Fitz

Confusion and fear clouded Fitz's mind. 

Sophie is missing.

 The words echoed in the back of his mind, haunting his thoughts as he paced in front of Calla's tree. 

It hadn't been ten minutes since Mr. Forkle had shared the news. One moment, she was seen in the Forbidden Cities- against the rules- searching for Keefe, and the next, she had just poofed

Well, not poofed. A shady-looking figure had crossed paths with Sophie and the next second, she had vanished. 

"Fitz?" 

Fitz looked up to meet his sister's gaze. Her face was full of grief and Fitz couldn't blame her.

"Biana," Fitz breathed. She must've just learned the news, too. 

Biana rushed towards him, tears in her eyes as she wrapped her arms around him. Her arms squeezing him tight as if she were scared to lose him, too. Which she probably was. 

It had only been a month since Keefe ran away. And now, Sophie was gone, too. 

"Fitz," sobbed Biana, clutching him tightly, not daring to let go. Fitz blinked back his own tears as he hugged her back, embracing her with all he had. 

And for minutes, they stayed like that. Until Biana's grip loosened and she sat down beneath Calla's tree beside him. Both of them said nothing. Letting their thoughts fill the silence. 

"We have to tell Keefe," Biana eventually said, barely a whisper. Fitz turned to face his sister.

"What?" 

Biana nodded.

"It's the right thing to do." 

Fitz's face twisted into a scowl. "Keefe abandoned us. It's his fault Sophie's gone in the first place. She had left to go looking for him. And that's how the Neverseen were able to take her!"

"We don't know it was the Neverseen," she argued, her voice firm; Fitz could tell she was holding back more tears. 

"If we were to go looking for Keefe, we could disappear, too."

"Sophie would've wanted us to tell him. So, at least her search wasn't in vain and we'd have found him." 

Fitz scoffed. Keefe was a traitor. He had hurt Sophie, which was unacceptable. And, despite having been his best friend, Fitz felt nothing but anger towards Keefe.

"And..." Biana continued, averting her eyes as she said, "Sophie has always had a special connection with Keefe," Fitz's stomach churned, "If we find Keefe," she continued, "Maybe he'll know how to find Sophie?" 

Rolling his perfectly teal eyes, Fitz climbed to his feet. "Whatever. I'm not looking for that traitor," he spat, "But if you want to find him, be my guest." And with that, Fitz stalked off in the direction of Havenfield, hoping to gather more information on her disappearance. 

(edit: rereading this, i feel like my writing sucks so please know ive improved a lot since this page)