day 0

Day 0

Xai sat in her living room scrolling through her phone, Conor sitting next to her watching her.

"Hey Xai..."

"Yeah?"

"Um,what are you doing?"

"Looking for a job"

"A job?"

"yeah, I've heard this mocha place at the mall is hiring..."

"So we're going to the mall?"

"I don't see why not..." Xai stood up to get dressed. After getting dressed the two headed to the train station and rode the train to the next island over which didn't take long, only about an hour. The mall wasn't far from the station. The two stood in front of the mall.

"Ready?" Conor asked. Xai nodded and they headed in. looking at the map they headed to the food court. Tons of signs hung above their stall. There were tons of papa's something or other in the food court.

"Look there it is!" Conor called. The two walked into the mocharia. The place was already ready for Halloween. A man stood at the counter and perked up when he saw the two.

"Ah! Hello, welcome, what can I get for you?" the man said.

"Um, actually we're here for the job opening?" Xai said.

The man's face lit up.

"Of course let me show you around!" He proceeded to show the two around and even an upstairs apartment.

"What's this for?" Conor asked.

"This? This is where you'll be staying of course."

"But we have a house?" Conor added.

"You won't be needing it anymore!" The two looked at each other.

"I-I mean I guess I could get my sister to look over the house while we're gone...."

"You're really thinking of doing this!?"

"I really need the job, Conor..."

"Oh, right, sorry...I just don't want you to leave me alone"

"Hey don't worry about it. He said there were 2 job openings, didn't he?" Xai said. ""Why don't we work together?"

"I guess that could work..."

"So you'll take the job?" the man asked.

"Yes."

"Great!!" come here before 6am tomorrow."

"6am!? The mall doesn't even open till 7!?"

"Oh right here." The man then headed to Xai a pair of keys. "So you can get in through the back." and with that the two left the mall and headed home to pack.