day 1

Day 1

Bright and early the two awoke and got ready for their new job. Once they were ready they left xai left the house keys under a plant for her sister since they wouldn't be there when she arrived. Xai had fallen asleep on the train as Conor looked out the window.

Using the key they got in through the back the store was dark so Xai turned on the lights and screamed. There standing in the dark was the man from yesterday. He smiled.

"Good to see you two. Now follow me." The two followed him into the kitchen and he showed them how the whole store worked. As 7am hit he headed towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Conor asked.

"I've got stuff to do I hope I can count on you two to run the store." he smiled and with that he was gone. The two stood there for a moment.

"Did he just leave?" Conor asked.

"He sure did..." Xai responded. The first couple hours were quite a couple of people came in and Conor would take their orders and Xai would make them. The lunch rush was when it got hectic there were tons of people coming and going.

"I can't see an end to them!" Xai cried.

"It's ok, you're doing great. just a couple more hours left."

Around 2pm it began to slow down and Xai could finally take a break.

"Man..." she sighed. Conor patted her on the head. 6pm was when their shift ended and the two headed up to their apartment. Xai clasped onto the couch and Conor sat next to her. Xai noticed she had missed a call from her sister and went to call her back as she started dinner.

After dinner was ready she set down two plates.

"How's your sister?" Conor asked.

"She's settling in just fine."

"How are you holding up?"

"I'm alright, I'll be fine."

"You're a great cook, you know?"

"I am?"

"Yeah! Everything you make is great!"

"Heh, thanks."

"It's getting late so we should head to bed."

"Right." The two headed to the bedroom only to see one bed.

"Oh," Xai said. "Well I can just go sleep on the couch if you want."

"Why don't we just sleep together? It's a king-sized bed we should be fine."

"A-alright..."